[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /o/ I don't know a lot about cars except some redneck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1471093880075.jpg (24KB, 461x408px) Image search: [Google]
1471093880075.jpg
24KB, 461x408px
So /o/ I don't know a lot about cars except some redneck ways of doing things that my grandpa and dad taught me as a teen. Anyway I'm moving to Orlando and planning to go to college there somewhere. Is UTI a good school for beginners or should I first go to a community college down there? Or should I go to a community college to get enough knowledge then expand it in UTI? Pls help
>>
>>16445652
Don't go to a for profit school to learn how to be a tech, go to community college.
>>
>>16445660
Alright, I was thinking about that. I assume there should be one down in Orlando that's pretty decent, right? I live in Georgia and we have one but everyone that went to it said it's not very good.

I've never been out of my town except once when I went to Alabama for a family get-together so I'm a bit autistic on pretty much everything outside of this area. My bad lol
>>
Just go to any CC with a decent shop to get some paper experience, then apply for entry level jobs at actual shops to get real experience.
>>
>>16445652
Don't become a car mechanic. It's a shitty job. Go to a community college to get your transferable generals out of the way and still have time to work and make money, and think long and hard about a career choice.
>>
>>16445652
>>16445826
Fucking this. Working on your own car as a hobby is great fun, working on other people's cars all day is fucking awful, and it ruins your desire to fix your own car.
>>
If you want to learn more about cars, go to a community college, but don't plan on working on them for a living.
>>
>>16445652
just be a plane or other heavy machiney mechanic the pay will be better
>>
You would be better served by buying a beater car and some basic tools and working on it yourself. You'll learn a lot more and spend a lot less. Get a job at a dealer being a lube tard. Continue to work on cars in your free time and learn. Be a good employee, don't fuck up and work hard. When the opportunity arises (like when another tech is too hung over to come in) and a higher level job comes up that you can handle step up to the plate and do it.

UTI will only cost you tens of thousands of dollars and you'll come out with a lower IQ
>>
>>16445835
I find that mechanics who work in their personal garage for cash only using facebook groups generally are happier with what they do. This of course goes around many states laws, including ones such as business permits, and if you advertise as a business can land you a fine.
>>
>>16445652
>>16446013
UTI: UnTrained Idiots
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.