[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just before i buy this car can you guys tell me whats wrong with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: AKEanES (1).jpg (106KB, 1080x720px)
AKEanES (1).jpg
106KB, 1080x720px
just before i buy this car can you guys tell me whats wrong with it.

MAZDASPEED6.
AWD TURBO... Low price...
other than mazdas being rust machines in canada what else where the major flaws of this car.
>>
They are great cars
>thread full of memes incoming
>>
>>16445211
what sort of memes.
>>
>>16445199
>inline 4
>soda bottle tier displacement
>>
>>16445199
The AWD system is absolute trash when it breaks, and it breaks all the time
>>
>>16445248
See
>>16445293
>>
>>16445199
beware motor mounts breaking and grenading the engine.
>>
>>16445248
See
>>16445302
>>
I wish I had that screencap of that owner selling his MS6 on Kijiji posting out everything wrong with it and straight up saying he's selling it because of how shit it is
>>
>>16445311
Yeah im sure he wasnt a retard incapable of working on his own car.
Or a poor fag that couldnt afford to maintain a car.
>>
>>16445199
Needs a fair bit of modifications to make it worth daily driving. (differential mounts, timing chain, post recall turbo, fuel pump, clutch pedal adjustment)
Its great once you fix all the shit it needs
>>
>>16445317
>car is well know for breaking down all the time
IT MUST BE THE OWNER'S FAULT

t. Bus rider
>>
>>16445317
I have someone in my family who is a Mazda mechanic. Even he admitted that the Speed3 is superior to the Speed6.

Stop acting so butthurt. No car is perfect.
>>
>>16445337
Bullshit my favourite car is perfect and the greatest car in the world!
>>
>>16445326
Mazda speed 6 owner actually
>>16445337
>i have someone in my family
And my uncle works for nintendo.
Most people that own a speed 6 are vapelords that dont know how to to change oil.
>>
>>16445395
Ok lets assume i know about cars. Im a 1st year mechanical engineer and actually interested in cars. will read the manual and follow oil changes and inspect the car at a prof. mechanic.

would the car be worth buying.
and how much miles if i were to buy it used.
is there a specific mile range that i shouldnt buy it after [for specific reasons]
>>
>>16445395
Bread on blown transfer case
>>
Are they a sleeper WRX? On paper it seems it would be.
>>
>>16445451
its sounds similar and thats why i want it. also no rotary.
>>
Turbos can be an issue on these
>>
>>16445395
Wow I never would have thought you owned a Speed6 considering how much you are defending it. Weird.

Is it really that outlandish to have a family member that works for a company as big as Mazda?
>>
>>16445199
They are actually quite reliable if you know how to take care of them. I have one with 96k miles from one previous owner.

>Dont launch above 4k to not destroy transfer case
>Dont boost in 2500-3000 rpm range, let the revs go past 3000 before shifting if boosting

Bam, you are good. Now use full synthetic.
>>
Got a chance to test drive one once and thought it was pretty great. If the dealer had had the original keys (so I could use the keyless entry) and the stupid cunt manager didn't try to 'hard sell' me I probably would have gotten it. Don't know much about it reliability wise though beyond the memes
>>
>>16445199
Haldex "AWD".
>>
File: 1481656837371.png (123KB, 471x257px) Image search: [Google]
1481656837371.png
123KB, 471x257px
>>16445199
>XXR's
the owner doesn't give a shit about it, don't buy it
>>
>>16445199

They're really fun to drive, but relatively rare and lacking aftermarket support seen in more popular WRXs and Lancer Evos. I drove a friend's in the snow on some Xice XI3's and the AWD system is very fun to play with, especially since it IS FWD-based. Hate on it all you want, but you can't do some of the handbrake/drifting tricks in the Subarus because the center differential doesn't like it. The Mazdaspeed6 doesn't care and you can beat it mercilessly without it missing a beat.
>>
>>16446599
The Mazdaspeed 3, despite being FWD is a great car. The AWD verion of the MS6 is even better
>>
How are the regular Mazda 6s? I'm not concerned about rust, and I'm looking at early 2000's models. Anyone have any experience with them? They're cheap as Fuck and I like the idea of a fun to drive Sedan
>>
>>16446702

how is it fun ?
>>
I had a auto v6 Mazda 6. Pretty responsive throttle and handling, slight oversteer when I had bald rear tires, almost kept up with my friends manual E46 325 in the Pinoche hills twisties during a roadtrip, averaged 25mpg during the 300mi round trip, which contained long stretches of almost zero traffic and 90-120mph driving for shits and giggles. But as a poorfag, although repairs are cheap, you will wonder if the car itself is worth fixing snice over time things will break and add up to costing more than the car itself is worth.
>>
>still no AWD Mazdaspeed 3
>new rotary project always on the horizon

mazda, what are you doing
>>
>>16447349
Mazda officially said they are not making a new rotary
>>
File: 1409179924563.jpg (19KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
1409179924563.jpg
19KB, 280x400px
>>16446575
Nice meme
>>
>>16446722
I don't know. That's what I'm asking. I don't want to buy stuck in another camry clone
>>
>>16447584
rep wheels are for fuckboys
>>
>>16446702
not as fun as the 3.
Feels a lot heavier imo. Though I only drove it for like 5 minutes.
>>
>>16447349
>still no AWD Mazdaspeed 3
But there is, it's called Focus RS
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.