[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm rebuilding the trans in my truck. 4l60e in a 99

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 4l60e-transmission.jpg (32KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
4l60e-transmission.jpg
32KB, 640x426px
So, I'm rebuilding the trans in my truck. 4l60e in a 99 Silverado (5.3). I order a rebuild kit and HD Sun Shell.

Is there any other parts I should get?

Was thinking about getting the metal accumulator pistons and maybe a corvette servo. But the corvette servo doesn't look like it'd be that hard to install later on. The kit I got is a master rebuild kit. Includes HD frictions and band.
>>
>>16444590
Do you actually have the tools for this anon?
>>
the servo is nice i did it on a truck before. its also not expensive.
>>
>>16444596
Yes. Only tools I didn't have were the front and rear piston compressor tools(for doing the seals). Which I just picked up. Everything else, I already have.

>>16444627
I know. That's why I've been considering it. I can pick up the whole assembly, cap spring, pistons for less than 50 for doing the corvette servo. But, I'm up in the air about it. I don't think I really NEED it at this time, but I'm already doing some other upgrades to it, so I'm kinda like "what's one more?". IDK. Did it bark the tires at low speed/rpm? Like just barely on the pedal, going through a stop sign, upshift to 2nd, and BAM, 2nd gear tire bark?

I had an 07 truck that would do that. The trans shift pressure was jacked up(tune).
>>
>>16444590
Are you upgrading to a five pinion carrier?
>>
>>16444701
Probably not. This is going in my daily and I'm working with a core for spare parts. The check ball for reverse got shot into the rear(behind the rear piston assembly) of the trans and pretty much destroyed the back half internals(from the sun she'll back. Excluding the output shaft).

This is basically going to be a mild built trans. Or at least that's what I'm looking to do.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.