[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /o/, so I'm looking to replace the front struts on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

hey /o/,

so I'm looking to replace the front struts on my mazda 3 2008 hatch, and I don't wanna hurt myself/don't have air tools.
I don't want to buy a precompressed spring either, can't afford right now, same reason I'm not paying a mechanic.
How would I go about doing this? Could I remove the front struts first, bring them to some place (canadian tire?) to get the springs removed, put old springs back onto new struts, new struts with old springs back into car, and lower it?
I have never really worked on a car before, and researching this is quite daunting, but I want to do it myself either way.
>>
what do you need pneumatic for you pussy do you not own a ratchet? you can rent springs compressors at autozone literally
f o r f r e e
o
r

f
r
e
e
>>
>>16443400

this definitely isn't first timer level work, i'm sorry to say
>>
>>16443691
yeah it's a whole one notch above I change my own brake pads and oil tier
>>
>I don't wanna hurt myself
>don't have air tools
>don't want to buy precompressed spring
>I want to do it myself
i think youre gonna hurt yourself
>>
>>16443400
replace all 4 with a COMPLETE new set of coilovers, make sure they are a 100% replacement because some re use old parts which require you to disassemble the coilover, if you get a complete suspension swap you will just bolt in the 2 or 3 bolts at the top and the 1 bolt at the bottom, will be easy.
>>
>>16443400
Just buy a spring compressor?
>>
>>16443691
I figure there's a first time for everything you know?
You won't know if you don't do it.
If I educate myself well enough it should be fine, I was just hoping to find out if it's possible.
Wether it's first timer work or not, right now I have to do it or it's no gf to hospital, no uni.
Sink or fucking swim.

>>16443708
I know you can buy those cheapo spring compressors, but I'm worried about the safety of that.
I'm hoping to know if there's any places where I can just pay them 20 bucks or something to put my old springs on my new coilovers, and then put those in my vehicle.

>>16443705
>can't afford a single pre-loaded strut
>somehow your advice is for me to buy a new set of 4 coilovers
???
>>
Rent spring compressors, it's not hard, there's millions of videos on YT, probably even for your car.
>>
Also no air tools required. Everything can be done with a ratchet and spanners.
>>
>>16443717
the price you're gonna pay a mechanic in labor to get those new struts mounted on those rusty ass old springs(if he doesnt break them) is gonna add up to a set of new high performance adjustable coilovers.

If you're not a faggot and will do it yourself the old struts have no more life in them and will not explode, ratchet strap them or hose clamp the coils if you want, and use a electric impact to blast the nut off. if you cant put it back together THEN bring to a mechanic but its still gonna cost you.
>>
>>16443759
>80 dollar strut
>somehow getting 2 springs mounted is gonna be 1k in labour
fucking kek
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.