[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>car ate shit (someone put sugar in my gas tank) >have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

>car ate shit (someone put sugar in my gas tank)
>have shitty job so can only spend $2k
>find a post online for a 2004 impala with only 125k miles, from the pics it looks to be in really good shape, only asking $1500
>call the dealership, they confirm they still have it and they'll let me come look at it
>the next day walk in, talk to three different salesmen who have no idea what car I'm talking about
>finally pull my phone out and show them
>they tell me that was sold two months ago and insisted on showing me cars way out of my price range
>finally get fed up with nobody listening to me and leave

I went to two other local dealerships after that and didn't have a much better experience with either. They all tried to con me into buying $5k+ cars.

What should I do, /o/? My car is fucked and I have no way to get back and forth from work, and I can't find anything for sale in the immediate area that isn't a colossal piece of shit.
>>
>someone put sugar in my gas tank

Wasn't this proven to not do shit?
>>
>>16441047
Just fix your car if something is actually wrong.
>>
>>16441054
Well my car won't work at all and the mechanic I had it towed to said someone put sugar or sand or something in my tank and apart from that listed about a hundred other things wrong with it. It won't run over 10 mph and sounds like a space ship taking off.
>>
>>16441047
Really try fixing it yourself first.
What did the mechanic say actually happened?
If he was vague, he doesn't fucking know.
Buy a cheap scanner and go to work.

If it really is something in your tank that fucked with it do this:
Flush / drain tank
Flush / drain fuel lines
New fuel pump
New spark plugs
And likely new fuel injectors, maybe, depends on the manufacturer how much shit they can take.
It ain't that hard.

You don't need to fix the "hundred other things" right now, you just need the fucker to run down the road somewhat reasonably while you fix anything else.

If you puss out after that:

Go on craigslist and do a search with a price limit of 2000 and a lowest price of like 500 or something so you eliminate boomers manipulating the search with $1 $20 in the price field.
>>
>>16441072
What kind of a car is it?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.