[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even worth getting a 1st gen mustang in auto? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 66_mustang_interior.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
66_mustang_interior.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
Is it even worth getting a 1st gen mustang in auto? I'm not a manual purist so I don't mind, I want to know the car's road manners and if the auto box is reliable or not anymore.
>>
>>16439865

It's a safe bet that a 1st gen mustang will have a rebuilt slush box. The question then being, when was it rebuilt?

It's not a particularly fast car, nor does it drive particularly well. Ergo, no one will give a shit that it's an auto-trans.

1st gen anyhting are best simply admired.
>>
>>16439865
Old muscle is better enjoyed in Automatic. Embody the spirit of the times, of great American excess. We'd just busted tons of ass as a country and the 60s/70s were the time to reap the rewards of all our hard work. Only literal cuckolds bought the manuals of these machines back in their heyday.
>>
>>16439910
>autocucks projecting this hard
>>
Didn't the first gen mustang V8 only come with an auto? the manual was with the 6 cyl
>>
>>16439865
They came with a c4 or should have anyway. C4 is the best ford small block automatic and has tons of aftermarket support. Get a cool racing shifter if you dont want to feel like a gay
>>
File: IMG_0202.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0202.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>16440280
Pic related my auto mustang
>>
>>16439910
Oh suck my ass dude, the only real auto that was worth it was mopars torqueflight
>>
>>16439922
>>16440307
Children.
>>
>>16439865
The original are pretty reliable, and their ''road manners'' will be on par with the manual. If you're not a purist, and don't have to get the manual, it might save you some money.

>>16439910
>great American excess
>small, compact, fuel sipping ponycar designed for women (the ideal car for your secretary!) with a standard I6 and optional (very) smll block V8
Pick one. It took them 3 years before they even offered a big block, for crying out loud.

>Only literal cuckolds bought the manuals of these machines back in their heyday.
Actually, no. Dragracers still preferred manuals back then. You could only get a Boss 429 with a manual, and I don't think that's a cuck car.

>>16439961
They had both. L2google.
>>
Wouldn't autos be cheaper?
>>
>>16440310
Quiet down. I bet you're one of those people who get "tired of shifting"
>>
>>16439865
I've had First Gens in both manual and automatic and imo you want a manual with the small block. The automatics want to get to Third and stay there as much as possible which is fine in a straight line but becomes irritating when you start going through corners like you would in a residential and you either have to lug your way back to speed in Third or force a downshift with 3/4 throttle which is way too much for the situation. Performing a manual lever downshift to Second isn't rewarding because the shifter is waaaaaay over there and usually really sloppy due to worn out bushings that only last like ten seconds after you put new ones in.

Big block cars have enough torque that you can drive the things around in Third all day long and not notice so automatics are fine with those.
>>
>>16440728
Wouldn't an aftermarket shifter (B&M for example) solve this problem for automatic small blocks?

Ratchet shifters are sexy as fuck anyways.
>>
File: bd8.png (178KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
bd8.png
178KB, 1190x906px
>>16439865
>auto
>worth it in literally anything
Kys you'reself
>>
>>16440752
Just about anything would be an improvement over the factory shifter. I think you would also need to move it back some too so that it falls to hand more readily. With the factory shifter location you usually have to lean forward a bit to reach it.

Consider, through, that you'd have to remember to shift it down in some situations but not others and I think you'd forget a lot and then be annoyed by forgetting along with the trans annoying you by staying in Third while you'd prefer Second. I'll stand with the statement that I think you'll prefer the manual with a small block.
>>
>>16440758(You)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.