[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm still torn between the comfort of an automatic and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Image01.jpg (29KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Image01.jpg
29KB, 600x450px
I'm still torn between the comfort of an automatic and the speed and reliability of a manual.

I don't want to have the hassle of doing it myself though, but I also like going faster.

Manual vs automatic
Help me decide.
>>
>>16427625
compromise and buy a car with a DCT, Dual Clutch Transmission.
DCTs are essentially 2 manual transmissions slammed together and automated, so you get the reliability and speed of a manual, but it's automated so it's like driving an automatic. Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche are famous for them, but other manufacturers have started using them in recent years. All 2011+ and 2012+ Ford Fiesta and Ford Focus automatics use 6 speed DCTs. 2016+ Acura ILX and TLX's use an 8 speed DCT.
GM is rumored to be working on a DCT for the next Corvette and Camaro, among others possibly.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-clutch_transmission
>>
daily automatic
manual for fun

failing that, just get a beater which you don't have to give a shit about
>>
>>16427625

If you are stuck in traffic daily for multiple miles then manual.
>>
>>16427639
>>16427640
>>16427643
I'm talking about windows, you fucking dweebs.
>>
>>16427643

I meant automatic if you are stuck in traffic..
>>
>>16427639
Early Ford DCTs have shifting problems, if I recall correctly.

The issues have been fixed in the new models of vehicles, but it originally only affected the Focus and Fiesta.
>>
>>16427647
>I'm talking about windows, you fucking dweebs.
Oh. I see. You're retarded then.
>>
>>16427647
what an excellent ruse, chap

automatic windows, you fucking mong. nothing like being forced to lean over the passenger seat
>>
>>16427659
THIS! I hate manual windows with a fucking passion.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.