[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /o/ what are some good /o/ related jobs? I've lived

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: sum ting wong.jpg (61KB, 626x382px)
sum ting wong.jpg
61KB, 626x382px
hey /o/

what are some good /o/ related jobs?

I've lived and breathed cars for as long as I can remember. never went to college, started out as a lube tech at a Ford dealership, worked my way up to a flat-rate light line tech, could barely make enough money to get by, switched to detailing and still wasn't really making a livable wage. so I started as a service writer in the Quick Lane and eventually moved over to the main service drive. I have never hated my life more than I do right now because people are wretched, entitled sacks of shit that just want to yell at you and demand shit for free and then slam you on surveys even after you bend over backwards to make them happy. I'm paid off of commission but I get a 2% monthly bonus for good CSI. I have been in this position for 10 months and have not once met the CSI goal even though I try my ass off. I'm not one of the people that can just leave work and forget about my shitty day and this job fucking kills me.

are there any other /o/ related positions that pay well without college experience? I don't know what else I'd ever do with myself because cars are all I know but if I keep doing this I'm going to need a liver transplant before I'm 30. is sales an okay gig? I've never liked that it seems like you have to maintain a certain level of shadiness to be a good salesperson.

what say you, /o/?
>>
>>16425656
I know that feel mang...

Sales people are super shitty people though. You sound like an honest guy.

Ever think about starting your own detail shop?
>>
>>16425672
I have a friend that does really high-end detailing, has his own small business and has been incredibly successful. but due to a back injury, I don't think it's something I could do for a living any longer and though I was good at it on a dealership level I don't think I could ever work up the nerve to do paint correction on 1-of-1 vintage exotics like my friend does.

I had thought of trying to start up a repair shop with the idea of running a shop that's up-front, no bullshit "shop fees" and a reasonable hourly rate. the dealer I'm currently at charges $139.95/hr and that's also pretty much the minimum charge besides for menu-priced maintenance items. and then the shop charge is 17% up to a max of $64.95 which is fucking ridiculous.

but anyway this idea of mine is pretty unrealistic because I have virtually no money to invest into starting something, Denver is fucking stupid expensive and I wouldn't even begin to know where to start looking for anyone else to jump in with me because I'm pretty new to the area.
>>
>>16425760
Thats why i sold my detail shop. SI joint pain is pretty bad.
Currently unemployed. Im too honest and straight forward for most jobs. Cant do manual labor because of my back.
I know your feels man.
>>
Be John Hennessey
>>
>>16425760
>the dealer I'm currently at charges $139.95/hr
>arbitrary shop fee on top of that
Jesus fucking christ. I used to take my car to a dealer who was $90/hr because he was a goddamn genius who could diagnose a car by sniffing it from 20 feet away, and everyone else in town is $70 or below. No wonder all your customers hate you.
>>
>>16425781
yeah I broke my back when I was 18. I was able to live with the soreness for a few years but now it's pretty safe to say I've screwed myself for life.

>>16425799
I will look into this

>>16425812
well, I'm not the one that sets pricing, but I'm always upfront with customers about what their visit is going to cost them before I let anyone touch their vehicle. but it's competitive for the area. like I said, Denver is stupid expensive right now.
>>
How hard would it be to set up a tax-legitimate detail shop?
>>
Turning your hobby into a job is a good way to make you sick of it

Just keep it as something you shitpost and giggle about on a Siberian soap opera e-tapestry.
>>
>>16425914
I can't imagine actually setting up the shop would be overly difficult, but finding competent detailers that aren't going to burn through paint would be more of a task.

>>16425982
I knew that going into it, obviously troubleshooting a rattle in a '94 Explorer won't be quite as much fun as seeing how much power my DSM can make before it explodes again. but like I said it was all I really knew and since I didn't go to college and was never in a position to do something like an apprenticeship, all I could do was prove I knew enough about something to convince someone to give me a shot.

we've come so far from what was formerly just a sad old brazilian basket-weaving bazaar. I'm honored to be a part of it.
>>
>>16425656
Why would you leave the shop to become a cuck advisor?
You do realize you can get canned for shitty csi? Same with your service manager. Go back to the shop.
>>
>>16426057
because I get paid twice as much to not do physical labor. they tried implementing a policy where you were written up for two straight months of failing CSI and fired on the third. they wrote up all nine of us the second month and then realized they weren't in a position to fire all nine of us the third month. it's hard to justify when we get bad CSI for the water bottles in the fridge being too cold or another guest putting something inappropriate on the TV.
>>
>>16425656
bus driver
>>
File: 1459504271443.jpg (79KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1459504271443.jpg
79KB, 480x320px
>>16426090
no, I don't want to hang out with you freaks in person
>>
File: capt kirk.gif (967KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
capt kirk.gif
967KB, 245x180px
>>16426125
>that sunroof
>>
File: 1459504510110.jpg (198KB, 1080x852px) Image search: [Google]
1459504510110.jpg
198KB, 1080x852px
>>16426137
I wish I had more of these. I've only gotten away with a few of them since I've been doing this.

when I was in the Quicklane, one of the advisors who is pretty stupid and horrible at his job just put "check for transmission" in the line, presumably meaning to put check for transmission leaks or something to that affect. well the tech put in the story "confirmed transmission is present" and that guy was not amused. but the rest of us were.
>>
>>16426125
>no, I don't want to hang out with you freaks in person
but you did say /o/ related rather than car related
>>
>>16426185
kek and kek
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.