[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people freaking out over this like they didn't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: hybridstang.png (1MB, 977x672px) Image search: [Google]
hybridstang.png
1MB, 977x672px
Why are people freaking out over this like they didn't know it was coming? Listen, I'm a diehard muscle car fan through and through and have always been in love with the Mustang (my first car was a 1990 Mustang GT). But this isn't really all that bad. Ford hasn't said anything about the type of engine it would have, so there's still hope for a V8. And even if it doesn't have a V8, Ford said it would create just as much power but even more torque thanks to the electric motors. But for those not convinced, look at it like this:

Many supercars and hypercars are going hybrid. Some of the highest-level race cars (specifically the LMP1 racers at LeMans) are hybrids. But when people hear "hybrid", they shudder because all they can think of is a Prius. But hybrids have many performance advantages. They allow for better acceleration and more torque since the electric motors get 100% of their power instantly. That's why many of the high-end cars have them. Yet unlike fully electric cars they still benefit from an ICE engine and get better top speeds and overall range. So if this technology has now flowed down the ladder from hypercars all the way to the Mustang, why freak out when (according to Ford) we're getting the same amount of power, more torque, and likely better acceleration? It's literally a superior car - it has better acceleration and likely and an extremely similar (perhaps even better) top speed. AND it has better fuel economy as an added bonus.

I can see where some people's fears are coming from, but when looking at the grand scheme of things, this is actually a good thing!
>>
>>16424323

>Give ecotrash engine a hybrid engine that can dump all its electricity down low to make 0-30 crazy fast
>turbo kicks in after that for monster top end
>New 2.3 ecojunkstang 0-60 in 4.5 seconds

Literally no downside.
>>
>>16424323
>t. Ford marketing
We want AWD faggot!
>>
>>16424323
>>16424323
there was a guy in a hybrid new mustang at my store the other day

looked like it just came from auto zone and had shitty vinyls

sounded like it had a hole in the exhaust, or it was broke or something

guy was revving it, and did a high RPM shift outta the parking lot for no aparent reason other htan to show off his sweet mustang
>>
V8s are overrated

a hybrid turbo 4 or 6 is much more appealing and I look forward to seeing them try to pull it off
>>
>>16424345
OP here.

Gah, I always have a soft spot for V8s, but I see your point. More of an emotional thing for me but it has it's benefits in terms of performance. Take a V8, slap a turbo on it and connect it to some electric motors and you have a badass car that still has it's V8-ness.
>>
Electric motors, and battery are heavy.
>>
>>16424332
one more failure point is a downside.

but id definitely try a hybrid mustang out if they're dedicated to making it sporty.
>>
>>16424372
Mustangs are heavy.
(Because Ford is shit)
>>
>>16424372
True, but that hasn't stopped the Porsche 918 Spider from going 0-60 in 2.2 seconds...
>>
>>16424323

The idea is neat but knowing for they're going to put soe drivetrain they already have in it like the fusion hybrid drivetrain, flip it 90 degrees, and then use it to replace the v6 model. If they try and force anything into the GT's slot in the lineup it will probably be a bigger fuckup than when they tried to call the probe a mustang.
>>
>>16424385
daily reminder the 2013 zl1 weighs 4200 lbs
meanwhile the 2013 gt500 weighs 3800 lbs

>gm fags in charge or banter
>>
Ford leading the way, GM cant compete (as usual)
>>
>>16424384
They kind of have to make it sporty. Many people are pretty skeptical right now, and if they really want this thing to sell they're gonna need to make it fast.
>>
>>16424400
lol, don't worry the gt won't be replaced

the hybrid will be the superior higher end model
>>
File: 1475126691311.jpg (40KB, 630x418px) Image search: [Google]
1475126691311.jpg
40KB, 630x418px
>inb4 gm fags talk shit about the hybrid mustang and then chevy makes one then they finally shut the fuck up
it's the 4 cylinder mustang all over again
>>
>>16424398
>Porsche 918

i doudt the mustang is going to be made made of Carbon fiber like the 918 is.
>>
>>16424402
GM is shit too
>>
>>16424333
google +1'd
>>
>>16424338
>car to launch in 202
>lol bro this dude toooootally was in a Hybrid moostang at work
>>
Are they phasing out ICE-only mustangs? I hope not. And if they aren't, I don't see how this is "worse" than a 4cyl turbo mustang.
I'd never buy one though. I don't like all that logic between me and the powertrain.
They should hire Koenigsegg/Freevalve to make them camless heads for the vee ate though, I'd totally buy that.
>>
>>16424550
I'm hoping he meant the ecoboosted ford cumstain
>>
>>16424402
>2013 zl1 weighs 4200 lbs

Un-fucking believable lmao! how did they even move all that lard around?
>>
Mustang has been a meme car since the 80s
>>
File: 1270363017974.png (14KB, 191x234px) Image search: [Google]
1270363017974.png
14KB, 191x234px
if they make a hybrid v8 as the top of the line option, and build it from the start as a performance hybrid, it could be a fucking rocket ship and melt faces easily
>>
>>16424398
You can always make a car faster in a straight line but turning performance will always be made shit by a heavier car.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.