[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found a 2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature L in pristine condition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: lincoln town car.png (1MB, 2400x900px) Image search: [Google]
lincoln town car.png
1MB, 2400x900px
Found a 2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature L in pristine condition with 32,000 miles on it for $11k.

Is this a good deal for this car?
Is it a good car?
Carfax confirmed for no accidents, 11 years with the same owner (corporate car that got very limited use).
>>
>>16424211

As a side note, Jesus Christ this thing has ash trays all over the fucking place. Two up front, one each of the rear passenger doors all with their own lighters.

The previous owner didn't allow smoking in it though, but it almost seems like a waste not to do so.
>>
Id buy the fuck outta it.
>>
>>16424211

From what I understand the bastard will basically last forever. The electronic components can be kind of sketchy at times, but it is supposed to be a smooth ass ride that routinely gets well over 300,000 miles with no transmission, drive train, or engine problems.

In terms of luxury, they kind of basic but still undoubtedly a luxury car and feels as such. Their power is pretty weak, you won't get 0-60 in any kind of a hurry, but it will run at interstate speeds without putting any kind of stress on the engine because of the way it is geared.

The air based suspension system can be a mother fucker to fix when it goes out, but from what I understand they are pretty damn reliable. Hell, I got a buddy who owns a TC from the 80's with almost 500,000 miles on it and the damn thing still runs fine and the suspension is still trucking with no problems and is smooth as ever despite him living on a bumpy and shitty dirt road that jars it to shit every single day.

I can see why they stopped making them though. They weren't as fast and didn't have the extra luxury items as their competitiors did, but the one you are talking about was original about $52,000 dollar car despite it being weaker and less modern.

Still, the 2005-2011 line of Town Cars was the last of what I consider the 'True Lincoln' lines personally. All that Lincoln makes now is basic Ford cars with some luxury mods and massive price increase. The Town Cars were the focus back in the day, then they made cheaper versions of the Grand Marquis, and cheaper yet again for the Crown Vic.

So, yeah, that is a solid deal with the miles on it if it is really good condition.
>>
Fair market trade for that make and model in good condition with 150k+ miles on it is still something like 9,000 bones.

Factoring in the miles? Fuck yeah that is a good deal.
>>
>Lincoln Town Car

Old man car.
>>
>>16424415

Know a lot of old mechanics that drive them exclusively.

They say they are easy as shit to work on because of the engine's position with them being a rear wheel drive vehicle, but the good news is they rarely have to work on them.
>>
So, what is /o/'s opinion?

Is this a good deal?
I can afford it, but should I buy it?
>>
>>16426443
ye
>>
>>16424211

Go for it. I had a 2000 Crown Vic (civilian, not interceptor). They are great cars, extremely reliable and very comfy. Great on the highway too, like driving a couch. Only thing I ever had to fix do was regular brake maintenance and fluids. Parts are dirt cheap too.

The Town Car will be a bit nicer (mine was a base model Crown Vic) so you should get better gearing (3.27s, maybe 3.55), leather seats, dual exhaust, etc.
>>
>>16424211
As much as I love land barges, $11k seems kinda high for that pos given the year.
>>
>>16426635

I don't know man, I am doing a search for them on autotrader and carguru right now.

You can get them cheaper, for sure, like half the cost, but that is with close to 200,000 miles on them and beat to shit.

In fact, lowering the mileage down to 32k turns over a bunch of N/A mileage readings and the ones with similar mileage is priced about the same.
>>
>>16426764
Sounds like you got your mind made up already. If it's absolutely mint go for it.
>>
>>16426783

>Absolutely mint

Not quite. Missing a vent cover for defrosting vent for the driver side window, missing one of the two flip down visors in the back for a vanity mirror for a back seat passenger, and the cigarette lighters need to be replaced.

That is literally all though. Not scratches, dings, etc. Engine doesn't even have any rust on it despite my state being murder with fuck high humidity. All the electronics are working properly. Basically brand new tires. No scuffs to the leather or fake wood interior any where, all the carpet and such is free of any kind of marks or stains. So, mint? No, but god damned close. Real fucking close.

Two dirt cheap fixes and it isn't only mint, it is showroom quality.
>>
God those cars seem so comfy. You'd be so set on long drives.
>>
Snagged it.

Just got back home (7 hour round trip)

Nothing down, no trade in, got my payments at barely shy of $200 a month (Gonna pay double that though personally, but it is good to have cushion in case of emergencies).

Rode fine back. Ran hot because the fuck stains forgot to put coolant in the bastard. Topped it off, check the oil and everything else as a result and it was all good.

Only took my insurance payment up $40 as well after lowering my Impala down to liability.
>>
>>16429145
be sure to check the oil filter adapter gasket for leaks
>>
>>16429145
congrats on your boat.

ill give you a wide berth
>>
>>16429200

It's all good. No leaks anywhere.

The previous owners were some company that had it as the official vehicle for the head honch at their joint who barely went anywhere and another guy who used it for a limo-esque service but preferred the Executive class because it was a smaller car for in town driving so it just sat there for most of its 11 years.

Seals and what not are good, air springs are fine, garage kept.

Nice, nice car in superb condition. A bit pricey for a used car, but good luck finding such a vehicle in such condition with so few miles on it elsewhere at the price I got it for.
>>
>>16429220

Thanks. Yup, it is a land barge and I dig it. Smooth and comfy as fuck. Got real acquainted with it during the 190 mile drive home inside of it. Some packed city driving and a whole bunch of back roads.

All in heavy ass rain and fog at the same time which was weird as hell. I can understand one or the other, but both is really odd.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.