[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ct o/5911750626.html How ma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: 00J0J_fVmJxjCcHIk_600x450.jpg (35KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00J0J_fVmJxjCcHIk_600x450.jpg
35KB, 600x450px
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5911750626.html
How many gears does this one have?
>>
6. But why is it in kilometers?
>>
>>16419908
How can you tell?
>>
>>16419899
depends on the engine. If it's the base model 1.6L, a 5 speed. If it's the optional 1.8L (which was standard on the hatchback), than it's a 6 speed.

>>16419908
>But why is it in kilometers?
could be an imported Canadian market car. The Canadian market model, aside from being labeled in kilometers, is otherwise identical to the US model and legal to import.

>But why would someone import one?
maybe they owned the car in Canada but then needed to move to California for work. The import clause would allow them to keep their car.
>>
>>16419932
Can you tell from the way it looks whether it's a 1.6 or 1.8L model?
>>
>>16419936
nope. You have to pop the hood and look at the emissions sticker or go inside the car and check if it's a 5 speed or a 6 speed.
The 6 speed is glorious to drive.
I don't know what they did to the 5 speed though, but I'd rather daily a CVT than deal with the 5 speed.
>>
>>16419936
also, if you go after a manual 2007-2012 hatch, it DEFINITELY has the 6 speed.
Also, look into the Nissan Cube. Same car, but they got the 1.8L and 6 speed standard (with a CVT optional. Same thing as the Vera hatch, but quirkier looks.
>>
>>16419899
get a civic for 3k. much better car.
>>
>>16420196
Is it immature of me to want a six-gear rather than a five-gear? All of the honda civics within my desired price range are five-gear cars
>>
>>16420220
Sure. A 6th gear is better for chilling on the highway but you'll need to downshift if you want to pass anyone. I wouldn't buy a nissan versa no matter what transmission it had. Is 5k your budget?
>>
>>16420246
Yeah, that's my budget
>>
>>16420273
There isn't much that came with a 6 speed in your budget.
I would definitely look into 2003-2011 Saab 9-3's though. Any GM dealer can service them or get you parts, and because Saab is no longer around, they are dirt-fucking-cheap.
Saab 9-3 Aeros with the turbocharged 3.8L V6 came with a 6 speed.
>>
>>16420300
I don't think I've seen one like that on craigslist yet. Should I look into buying it from somewhere else?
>>
>>16420273
How old are you? how imperative is it to get something cheap to run? There are lots of cool manual cars in SF if you're not afraid of repairs.
>>
>>16420328
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5942346895.html
sorry. I meant a 2.8L V6. typo.
and even the 4 bangers are fantastic, but the 4 cylinder manuals are 5 speeds. Bulletproof, but still 5 speeds.
>>
>>16420273
03+ V6 accords have 6 speeds, it's cousin the TL has a 6 speed too. That's what I would recommend for a 5k 6 speed car
>>
>>16420349
That looks like a good car but that's too many miles. My search on craigslist is 30k miles and $5k. As you can tell, I can't find a six-gear.
>>
>>16420509
yeah good luck with that. With those parameters you'll looking at a base model kia shitbox
>>
>>16420349
That looks like a good car but that's too many miles. My search on craigslist is 30k miles and $5k. As you can tell, I can't find a six-gear.
>>
In Canada used cars are a lot less expensive, but check it out before buying because it could be already rusted.
>>
>>16420509
You are not going to find anything good in those parameters. Keep searching for a nonexistent car though, retard. The world doesn't work like that.
>>
>>16420010
>6 speed is glorious on a versa
>versa
>versa
>don't know about the 5 speed but I'd rather daily a cvt

Confirmed retard.
>>
>>16421199
I've driven the Versa 5 speed and the 6 speed and the CVT back when I heavily considered buying a Versa. Why? I live about half a mile from a Nissan dealership and it was convenient.
The 6 speed was great to shift. The only thing better would probably be a Honda.
The 5 speed was trash though. It felt like I was holding a wooden spoon and stirring an extremely thick pudding which no feedback whatsoever.
As boring to drive as the CVT was, it was world's better than the 5 speed.
>>
Why the fuck would you get that shitty nissan
>>
>>16421404
I just want a six-gear. According to the earlier anons, the six-gear one isn't shit. I'll wait for the owner's response.
>>
>>16421747
You're not going to find what you want in your price range. You need to get rid of those ridiculous low mileage fantasies of yours or you'll be taking Uber everywhere.
>>
>>16421776
My parents are buying it for me, that's their standard. I'd settle for higher at this point. (Yes I'm just eighteen, my parents provide for me, first car that I can't afford, all that)
>>
>>16421776
Do you know any place other than craigslist where I can look for used cars?
>>
>>16421804
Your parents are retarded and their expectations are unrealistic. You will never find ANYTHING that meets those requirements under that price. You might if you increased the price to 10-13k. But not fucking 5. This isn't 1985 anymore.
>>
>>16421821
autotempest searches everything
>>
>>16421822
Believe it or not, I found several cars with these standards that's a five-gear. I'm going to check it out on Friday unless I find something better.
>>
>>16421837
so deal with a 5 speed until you can afford a car yourself.
>>
What does "Auto 8-Speed Steptronic Manual" mean?
>>
>>16421894
an 8 speed automatic with a manual shift mode to give the illusion that you can influence how it shifts.
>>
>>16421930
Lame
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.