[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a new daily driver, have a 25-30k budget. Want something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Looking for a new daily driver, have a 25-30k budget. Want something comfortable, sporty, has some kick, and has a good interior and tech. Been reading a lot of praise on the new GTI and can probably get a good deal on a higher trim because of the emissions scandal. Also looking at a V6 Accord Coupe. Been told in this budget range that I could look at some newish CPO Entry Level Luxury Cars.

What do you recommend for a Daily Driver in this budget range /o/?

>In b4 shut up and buy a civic for 3k
>>
>>16417741
Lightly used Lexus IS 350
>>
>>16417741
Mind if I ask why Americans call the Golf GTI just 'vw gti'? Do you guys not get the polo GTI and (soon) up! GTI?
>>
>>16417741
E350/550
G37/Qxx manuel
>>
>>16417741
Ford hatchbacks give you more for the money
>>
>>16417827
No, we do not. We only have the Golf GTI.
>>
>>16417741
You can get a gently used 86 for about 20 grand, and put a Jackson Supercharger in it for another 5. It's got good storage. Not as good as a hatch, but still about as good as it gets in a coupe.

Else, the Mazda 3 hatch has had a lot of very positive feedback. It's not a sports car, but it still turns and responds as well as a vehicle that costs twice as much. I'd avoid the VW. They've been putting out unreliable shitbox especially for a few years.
>>
>>16417741
I have a 2015 GTI, the lowest trim, 2 door, six speed (not the DSG).

It's... fine. The test drive I had was a lot of fun, but the longer I've had the car, the less impressed I've been.

The interior is good, I like the tech in it, it's perfectly adequate for what I want, which is just to listen to music (I don't use my phone while I'm driving, so I've only used the bluetooth a few times, for music, and the voice controls never). The Normal/Sport mode choices are noticeable, but it really feels more free when you turn down the traction control, which I do most days (it does not save this setting after shutting down).

The handling is the best part about it. Stock tires are Pirellis, and I feel like I can always take any turn. I slammed my friend's head into the door once going around a cloverleaf interchange, because he wasn't paying attention.

My problem is the power... As you're aware, it's turbocharged, and, after a year and a half, I still can never tell which gear I need to be in or how much I need to press the throttle. Sometimes I'll let the clutch out, and it will sprint forward like a champ. Other times, it feels like it nearly stalls. It's the same while driving at highway speeds. If I want to pass someone, I find myself downshifting to third gear, at 80 mph, because that's the only gear I'm guaranteed to get power in when I push the throttle. At fifth and even fourth... there's SUCH a lag... It doesn't help that it has a simulated engine noise (to sound more exciting), so you can't really tell what it's doing based on the rev sounds...

My other big complaint is the chair. It took me over a year to find a comfortable position. This may be different with a higher trim...
>>
>>16417741
V6 Accord Coupe
>>
>>16417741
If you have a family, the new superb with the 300hp engine is fantastic. A horsekick of a family car with sleek design yet still immensely practical.
>>
>>16417741
VW are girls' cars OP.
>>
>>16417770
This or A4 with quttro.
>>
>>16417770
Heard lots of good things about the overall comfort and reliability of Lexus, will definitely look more into it.

>>16417864
Infiniti is a brand that I know nothing about. Could you shed some light on factors like overall reliability and comfort?
>>
>>16419266
G37 and it's rebadged Q model are pretty reliable. They don't burn oil like the G35. I can't tell you how comfortable they are. Just go sit in one.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170102-202855.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170102-202855.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
An XJ
>>
>>16417741
335i or 335is
must be 2011+ however
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.