[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subaru guys... I could use some advice. Recently I had to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: wrxs.jpg (98KB, 960x676px) Image search: [Google]
wrxs.jpg
98KB, 960x676px
Subaru guys... I could use some advice.
Recently I had to do a transmission swap on my 06 WRX. I ended up getting a JDM forester XT transmission with a legacy rear diff.
There has been a significant change in the torque due to my final drive ratio change... but I don't think that would be the cause of slipping of my clutch.

I had to do a push type to pull type conversion of the clutch... but the shop i took it to did not resurface my flywheel for the new exedy clutch that i got.
It started slipping at 700 miles in.
Could this be because the flywheel doesn't perfectly match the 02-05 WRX clutch?
What flywheel could i use in the ej25 to match the 02-05 clutch?
>>
>>16407259
Yes.
>>
>>16407259
You should have just replaced it with a stock one or an sti tranny.

Or built the wrx tranny but you chose to go through with this headache.
>>
>>16407439
yeah it was a shitty attempt at saving money.
The JDM tranny was like $1k but a stock tranny would have costed about $2.5k or more.
>>
>>16407493
Why did you have to replace the transmission anyway?

You could have just removed the gears and put different ones in there

Also what year is the XT forester transmission?

t.
Subaru mech
>>
>>16407531
I think it was an 05... not sure that it matters... all i know is that it fits the 02-05 clutches.

The reason why i went for a swap is because the advice i was given by my peers was to not go for a rebuild, which would cost a lot.

I know now it was just a huge mistake... so now i'm just figuring out what flywheel to get to match the 02-05 clutch that fits this bell housing. That presuming at first that there is a difference.
The problem is that there could be a difference in the teeth for the starter of the ej20 flywheel that wouldn't match my ej25 engine.
>>
>>16407566
It could matter. Did it come with the stock clutch in the xt tranny? Or did you try to put a wrx clutch in it?

Fly wheels aren't that expensive
You could try different flywheels and see if that would work.
Compare the teeth on the starters from your old tranny to the forester one. I'm almost positive that are different.
>>
>>16407566
If everything bolts together correctly why not just resurface or get a direct replacement for the current flywheel?
>>
>>16407579
The xt transmission accepts 02-05 wrx clutches... it's literally exactly the same.
I checked with the clutch that came with it (the clutch that came with it was very worn because the parts from japan are used.)

The teeth on the starters aren't different, but the 06 starter does have a function where it pushes forward to touch the flywheel. So maybe it would be fine.

>>16407582
This was my next line of action, i'm just not certain that the flywheels are the same... they do have the same bolt pattern though.
>>
>>16407259
I had bad luck with an Exedy clutch despite having the flywheel resurfaced. Tons of chatter on shifts to the point where I had the shop that put it in replace it with an OEM clutch. I don't think they're particularly good clutches because a found plenty of people on NASIOC saying similar things.
>>
>>16407259
Go ask NASIOc, they'll be way more helpful than /o
>>
>>16407259
See
>>16407790

Why wouldnt you just get a Sti transmission instead. You were swapping it anyway why not.put the stronger one in it.
>>
>>16407801
It broke... the myth of the glass transmission is true!
>>
>>16407829
Normal.driving Yea the 5 speed is fine and there's nothing wrong with it. If you gonna thrash the fuck out of it I would rather have the sti 6speed
>>
>>16407801
OP said he was trying to save money which he tentatively did since an 06-07 STI trans swap will cost around 3-4k minimum.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.