[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently had a radiator hose replaced at a garage as the fan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1409514368746.jpg (53KB, 523x700px) Image search: [Google]
1409514368746.jpg
53KB, 523x700px
I recently had a radiator hose replaced at a garage as the fan cut into it , the garage informed me they tied the hoses back with cable ties to prevent the chaffing happening again.

A week later im driving the car back from seeing family for xmas and a hose blows off and looses all coolant on the highway. I take a look at the engine and whilst looking for the leak i notice the radiator fan is unplugged.

I leave the car to cool and wait for a recovery truck. When it arrives the guy tries to start the engine and it blew blue smoke out the tail pipe and juddered and died.

Im now back at a hotel paid for by the recovery insurance. And i have a few options I can have the car towed back to my family and get a wrecker engine put in by a friend. Or have it towed back to the garage that neglected to plug the fan in. But the recovery insurance have told me it will cost them $1000 to have the car towed to my home address and to the local garage that did the work. the insurance company obviously dont want me to have the car towed so far and have already offered me a rental. I havent a clue what to do as the car is only worth around $1500 although another engine would only be $400 i don't really want to spend more money on the car. And i would rather buy something a bit better as i can afford another car around $3000
>>
>>16398616
Buy a 3k Civic
Make sure it's manual
>>
>>16399107
this
>>
Make sure your next car has a temperature gauge.
>>
Cut your losses bud. It's not worth it.
>>
Get a fucking civic or an integra that has an inspection
92-00 civic
94-01 teggy
Make sure it's not burning oil and the clutch is good and you have your daily for the next 50k miles.

A 500$ integra LS that was inspected lasted me 3 years with literally zero issues. A set of brakes and oil changes was all the maintenance I had to do
>>
>>16398616
On the highway, in winter weather you don't need a cooling fan.
Sounds like your cooling system had other issues senpai.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.