[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does shifting at a lower RPM save gas or ruin the transmission?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Does shifting at a lower RPM save gas or ruin the transmission? I've always shifted around 3k rpm to save gas rather than revving it up and my dad keeps telling me its going to ruin the transmission
>>
>>16398424
What car you idiot
>>
>>16398432
98 Honda civic
>>
>>16398424
Your dad is retarded.
Shifting at a lower RPM will not hurt the transmission provided you can shift smoothly. shifting at a lower RPM does help with fuel economy minutely but it does help. I generally shift around 2500-2700 rpm. Mind you my redline is 6500.
>>
>>16398445
It's fine, just don't ride the clutch.
>>
>>16398424
It's hard to admit that our fathers can be fucking stupid, but they're human too.

You dad is dumb about cars just like my dad is dumb about me liking Latin women.
>>
File: 1442485710077.jpg (41KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
1442485710077.jpg
41KB, 500x285px
>>16398514
This, my dad thinks he knows all sorts of shit about computers and modern tech because he was ahead of the curve back in like the 80's and sort of kept up with it through the mid 2000's. He's completely lost now but he doesn't realize it.

>mfw he once vehemently declared that android phones and iphones use different types of batteries
>not the obvious "different shapes/capacities" thing but as in completely different chemistry/construction
>he's not even an apple fag, in fact he hates anything apple
>>
>>16398596
It really sucks when you realize that your dad isn't the most right person in the world.

Broken home babbys actually have it nice, I think. They never get to know the heartbreak of realizing that their dad is also a retard, like the rest of us.
>>
>>16398424
Your dad doesn't know anything about cars.
>>
>>16398424
>Does shifting at a lower RPM save gas or ruin the transmission?
Why do idiots get ideas like this?
>>
>>16398424
I shift at like 1,5-2k rpm. Why would it damage the trans?
>>
>>16398424
As long as the engine ist starting to stall its completely fine. You should probably stop if you smell the clutch tho.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.