[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ i can get an 08 mustang v6 with a blown engine for free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: images-4.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
Hey /o/ i can get an 08 mustang v6 with a blown engine for free and i was wondering if i could a gt engine and drop it in, and if so what would it take, or if it would be easier to just get a v6 and put it in
>>
>>16396575
V6 would be easier and more of a direct swap, but the V8 would still fit provided you got the right crossmember and could get the needed adapter for whatever trans is in it

In short, yes if you have the hardware and time
>>
>>16396817
Thanks man
>>
>>16396882
You'd have to buy a v8 parts car and swap everything over.
>>
>>16396817
Might sound newbie but does he have to consider any other parts of the car like the gearbox Mabey? Would the increase in power be likely to strain anything?
>>
Yeah it would be easier to just drop in whatever engine the car originally came with. Dropping in a v8 shouldn't be that hard though, just have to get the right components. $500 and a weekend with a couple mates etc
>>
>>16396920
He has the T-5 in there, assuming he's got a manual. He'll probably want to put in a stronger transmission as the GT motor is already tapping the upper end of its capabilities. Also the pre facelift mustangs had the shitty 7.5 rear so he'll want an 8.8 rear as well.
>>
how does the v6 in the 05-09 models compare to the 00-04 models?
>>
>>16397039
The 00-04 v6 had an abysmal 9 sec 0-60. The 05-09 did it in 7 i think
>>
>>16397039
More better

00-04 models are absolutely useless, you'll be lucky to get 150whp with that shitfest of a V6 all while getting 18mpg
>>
>>16397051
>>16397049

alright, i have a 2000 v6 right now and im probably gonna upgrade it once the winter passes. whats the next best thing if i cant get a 2011+ model?
>>
>>16397089
99-04 GT
>>
>>16396920
Something i was thinking about after posting. Trans wise, i think swapping in a beefed up unit would be wise
>>
>>16396575
Ecoboost, nigger
>>
>>16396916
Pretty much this.

While any passenger car engine since the 50's will physically fit the engine compartment You're still a long way from having a working car. If you want things like HVAC, instrument cluster, and other amenities to work whatever you install is going to have to be compatible with the other modules in the car. Surest way to do that is to strip a wreck of a similar year that has a drivetrain you want.

Unless you just want a track beast that doesn't need anything but basic instrumentation that can be done with aftermarket gauges and everything else is irrelevant.
>>
>>16396575
>with a blown engine
It's probably fine, maybe needs some sensor.
>>
>>16398218
>4.0 SOHC
>claimed blown motor

I'd bet 20$ that the chain guides lunched themselves and the motor kissed valves.
>>
>>16396817
Not quite that simple. Harness will be different, as well as transmission, possibly driveshaft, and gt's had a stronger rear axle.
>>
>>16398930
Agreed. Im a few in and kind of just stopped at "would it fit" . Far more to consider in the end
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.