/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was in the US last week for the first time. Don't you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: insignia-4usi-gal3.jpg (381KB, 992x425px) Image search: [Google]
insignia-4usi-gal3.jpg
381KB, 992x425px
I was in the US last week for the first time. Don't you guys have to do a regular car check every 2-5 years?

And why didn't I see any Opel? I drive one of pic related, and they're great.
>>
>>16395820
>Don't you guys have to do a regular car check every 2-5 years?

it varies by state to state. some states require yearly inspections and emissions tests, and some states have no requirements at all.

>And why didn't I see any Opel?

GM owns opel, and sells a few opel models as buicks. i think that opel in the image (don't know the model) may be equivalent to the buick vernao here in the united states.
>>
>>16395953
Okay thanks. I was mostly in New York/New Jersey and a lot of cars I saw there wouldn't be able to survive passing by a police car.

And i checked now, the Opel Insignia (in the pic) goes as Buick Regal. Thanks, first time I'm reading about Buick.
>>
I live in a salt-state hell where cars are killed by rust and I almost never see anything that makes me think "that's unsafe", were you in the ghetto?
>>
>>16396393
>I live in a salt-state hell where cars are killed by rust and I almost never see anything that makes me think "that's unsafe", were you in the ghetto?

cash for clunkers took care of a lot of vehicles like that
>>
But senpai I do drive a Opel
>>
>>16396036
Back when I moved from NY to PA I was shocked that there were barely any smoking, loud, half-together wrecks dragging along the road. Turns out PA inspections generally didn't pass those.

Score another one for PA. Much as I like NY, it sucks in so many ways. And NJ is really scraping the barrel for the most part.
>>
File: Mach-5a-600x400.jpg (76KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mach-5a-600x400.jpg
76KB, 600x400px
>>16395820
>And why didn't I see any Opel?
Opel hasn't sold in the United states under their own name since the 1970's.
We have gotten Opels though.
The last gen Opel Kadett came here as the Pontiac LeMans (1.6L only)
The first and second gen Pontiac Sunbird used Opel SOHC 4 cylinder engines.
The Opel Vectra B came here as the Saturn L-series (2.2L, or 3.0L)
The Opel Vectra C was restyled and bright here as the Saturn Aura (2.4L, 3.5L, or 3.6L). The Aura was actually North American Car Of The Year for 2007.
The Opel Astra H was brought here for 2008 and 2009 as the Saturn Astra (1.8L only).
The Opel Antara was sold here as the second generation Saturn Vue, and when brought back around 2012, was sold to rental fleets here as the Chevrolet Captiva Sport (2.4L or 3.6L).
The Opel Insignia A is sold here as the Buick Regal (2.4L or 2.0L Turbo only)
The Opel Astra J is only sold here as a sedan, with a new front end and a new rear end as the Buick Verano (2.4L or 2.0L Turbo only)
The second gen Opel GT was sold/built here as the Saturn Sky (2.4L or 2.0L Turbo)
The new Opel Karl is sold here, with a new front end, as the second generation Chevrolet Spark (1.4L only.
The Opel Mokka is sold here as the Buick Encore (1.4L Turbo only)
And finally the Opel Cascada is sold here as the Buick Cascada (1.6L Turbo only).

It's all very cherry picked models.
>>
File: citroen-c6-215741-800.jpg (114KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
citroen-c6-215741-800.jpg
114KB, 800x533px
>>16395820
Is this thread bait? How is one so unaware of how the world and different markets work?

There's actually a Citroën C6 in NY though: https://jalopnik.com/we-drove-a-citroen-c6-and-it-was-better-than-our-wildes-1703876075
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.