[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /o/ Moving to Canada from Straya in February and my girlfriends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 2008_Chrysler_300.jpg (215KB, 2464x1516px) Image search: [Google]
2008_Chrysler_300.jpg
215KB, 2464x1516px
Sup /o/

Moving to Canada from Straya in February and my girlfriends (who is Canadian) mum has a Chrysler 300 '08 with 95,000km (the V6 petrol engine, with the AWD option) on the clock that she's looking to trade for a SUV of some sort.

She offered it to me 7000$ and I can pay her off over 2-3 years, which is kind of neat as I'm moving without initially having a job, so it'd be nice to have a car without dropping large amounts of cash on it right away.

What I'm wondering is what are some issues with the car in general, what should I look out for? Should I even do it, is it worth it? It's hard to find used cars in Canada (or I'm retarded?) to get a read on it and they aren't really much of a thing in Straya.

Thanks in advance for the help lads. Appreciate it.
>>
>>16394091
Chrysler are shut and I wouldn't take one for free. All I do is tow their shitty cars all the time. Might be a good find if it was taken care of but I fucking Haye chrysler.

Used cars are everywhere. I bet. Anda has craigslist
>>
>>16394091
>It's hard to find used cars in Canada (or I'm retarded?
Fuck no. You can find lots of used cars in kijijiji.ca or autotrader.ca.

And 300 is nice tho. But I'd suggest you to find something cheap and reliable for the time being. Like a Ford Focus or Mazda 3 or a Civic for below 7k because there are lots.
>>
>>16394131
But I can pay this off over 3 years, with no interest. Is that itself not worth it? Anything else I'd have to finance or pay outright.
>>
It's an ancient engine at 3.5L that produces a slow 250hp (190kW) That has piss poor fuel economy, doubly so with all-wheel drive, unfortunately it's almost a necesity for winter driving when it's 12 degrees outside.

The only reason I say to take the deal, is because not having a car when you are job hunting sucks ass. So you can show up to job interviews feeling fresh and not sweating and stinking like a hog. Just set up a payment plan and pay it off as soon as possible so you can get a better ride.
>>
>>16394238
Sounds good to me, I was actually thinking this too. I am not happy with the specs of it myself, but it seems comfortable and my gf wants it, I was thinking I could take it and she could have it later, after which I'd find something I would prefer better.

Not having them be around me, I have no idea what to expect though, so if it's really, really not worth having, I'd rather know now and /o/ seems like a better place to ask than /b/.
>>
>>16394245

It's about the size of a commodore, bit slower and shittier. But it IS an old E-class mercedes underneath the skin.
>>
Chrysler's are about the least dependable reliable cars there are. I would look at the Canadian car sites before I jumped to buying a Chrysler.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.