[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I got a semi emergency here. 87 ford bronco with the Ford

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1482449416838.jpg (47KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
1482449416838.jpg
47KB, 600x903px
Guys I got a semi emergency here. 87 ford bronco with the Ford 302 v8 engine. Dipstick Tube popped out of the block, can I move the dam thing without it in or negative
>>
Bump please help I'm 60 miles from home don't wanna start the journey if it's not safe
>>
I suppose if you drive without it oil will splatter out and you'll lose some pressure. Not familiar with the that motor though.
>>
>>16385438
Can you get at it? Is the tube gone or just disconnected?
>>
>>16385438
try to get to a walmart or something and find something to patch it up with
>>
>>16385604
The tube completely popped off. From the looks of things however it was never fully in the block because when I would check the oil the tube would rattle and slide out I would have to push it into the block then insert the dipstick into the tube
>>
>>16385694
it should be tied down with a bolt somewhere.

You can secure it with a worm screw, and a spring against something
>>
>>16385694
Take a napkin or paper towel or something, roll it up, and stick it in the hole. It doesn't need to hold pressure, rather keep oil from sloshing out all over the place.
>>
>>16385996
Drove it home like this and nothing happened oil pressure staid in normal range and no detectable leaks....

I just bought it like a month ago and the tube was loose as fuck sliding in and out then who knowshould when it finally up and popped all the way out. Truck has headers on it though so I'm assuming the PO probably pulled the tube out to install headers and then haphazardly stuck it back in. Oh well guess I'll order a new one and put it in, and new spark plugs wires since they apparently arc since I got zapped
>>
>>16386017
Good luck out there
>>
>>16386017
Look into good wire separators as well to minimize rubbing in the future
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.