[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welp /o/, I just got back from the mechanic. In my infinite wisdom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: car_burning_oil.jpg (885KB, 2290x1527px) Image search: [Google]
car_burning_oil.jpg
885KB, 2290x1527px
Welp /o/, I just got back from the mechanic. In my infinite wisdom I added to much oil to my mazda(I know) and it start pouring smoke out of the exhaust and I could feel the engine lagging on me. I pulled over after about three mins of this and had it towed to a mechanic where he drained out the excess, let it idle for about 45 mins with periodic revs to get the engine hot. He said there would still be trace amounts of smoke as the residual oil runs its way through but to be easy on the engine the next few days.

So /o/ should I really be fine after this mishap or could the 3 mins of driving have done permanent damage to my engine? It seems fine now, no knocking or anything, im just paranoid as fuck.
>>
It's fine but if oil was getting past your rings and interfering with the combustion process, you may want to clean off your spark plugs.
>>
probably not, just do as your mechanic has suggested. If things don't return to normal, you will know then.

Anything from the oil will burn out of the engine, and you cant really do anything special to fix what you did.
>>
You fucked your motor dude your lifters are going to get clogged to shit, your control bushings are gonna slip because of the extra viscosity. And the worst of most things is if you've got a manual tranny your gears are going to stick because the exhaust piping heating up next to your trans. I'd drain 4 quaters of oil from your oil tank if I were you. Add some lucas for your valve springs too, also check your gaskets bc too much oil can fuck with oil pressures to really high levels.
>>
>>16385209
>4 quaters

u wot m8
>>
>>16385206
Seems like its been starting up fine, so maybe I dodged a bullet on this one.
>>
>>16385209
Actually If it were that over filled, it's entirely possible that it aerated the oil and reduced the pressure and volume of oil being fed through the engine by a significant amount. For all we know OP could have put YEARS of wear into those few miles.

Not to mention his O2 sensors and catalytic converter are probably toast too.
>>
>>16385181
I've done this before. Put an extra gallon in by mistake. Thought it would burn off. Ended up spitting a rod after 5 miles.
>>
>>16385209
>123456789 abcdefghijklmnop
sorry thats all anyone got from your shitpost
>>
>>16385237
Spark plugs don't just start your car bro
>>
>>16385374
Been driving it around carefully for a little while, can't tell if theres any major disturbances. I did notice that my temp gauge was already at operating temp even after turning the engine off for about 30 mins >.>
>>
>>16386470
Temp guage measures water temp, depending on where you live and ambient temp that shouldn't cause to much heartburn. Worry if it goes over, not before.
>>
>>16385209
Drink bleach
>>
>>16385181
>adding too much oil
kill yourself. you can't even do the most basic of maintenance tasks.
>>
>>16385237
>>16386561
>>16386470
>>16385374
Nigger go wipe your spark plugs off, it shouldn't take more that a few minutes.
>>
I put almost 5 qts of oil in my Mazda that only needed around 3.5

Still runs fine and never had any problems
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.