[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are hondas being slow just a meme? I always thought hondas were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (156KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 900x600px
Are hondas being slow just a meme?

I always thought hondas were really slow because of all the facebook memes and because of /o/ but..

Today I was at a car meet, there were a bunch of honda guys standing around a non turbo hondas engines bay.

He was saying that it's failry quick.. I said to him "can't be too quick it's just a honda.

He was like "I will take you for a ride and you can see for yourself"

I said "I drive a v8 mustang I doubt I will be impressed by a non turbo honda"

Anyway he took me around the block and it pinned me super hard in to the seat.. It actually fwlt faster than my v8.

I got out and he told me it's just a basic k swap with some mild mods.

This has got me wondering, is the slow honda thung just an internet meme or are hondas like this rare?
>>
If it felt quicker it's due to power to weight. your fat Mustang will feel and probably be slower than a built up K series (even N/A) because the car it's in is half the weight of your Mustang
>>
>>16383293
Giving the benefit of the doubt that this isn't bait, the meme for why their slow originated from the fact that most Hondas are slow from the factory and a culture of fuccbois gravitated towards them because of how cheap and plentiful they are, mainly performed minimal performance mods that didn't gain much power but would stick a shitty bodykit on then and act like they're as fast as a Porsche is

The one you rode in is rare in the fact that someone planned out a build and completed it properly
>>
>>16383313
this
your mustang meight have a v8 but it also weighs almost 2 tons
power to weight is the only metric that truly determines a cars speed. turbo hondas are very quick and a lot of fun, and all motors high-compression builds can have well over 250hp
>>
>>16383293
Looks like you got the answer from the others here OP. My question is, how bad is the torque steer on a Honda with that much power?
>>
>>16383349
I've driven a Civic Type-R and that didn't have any torque steer, it's present in older turbo charged cars like Saabs.
>>
>>16383364
Guess they worked it out. I had a pontiac g6 that would almost put you into the side of the car you were trying to pass. Even at 60+ mph
>>
>>16383293
Hondas are perfectly capable of going fast, when the build is planned out properly.

the problem is very few plan out the build properly.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.