[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would i be able to use a piggyback ECU that is turned off someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Would i be able to use a piggyback ECU that is turned off someone elses car, exact same engine, exact same injector size, MAP sensor and timing/ignition. the only difference is the A/R of the turbine? I have an HKS F-CON V pro ecu pretuned to 555cc injectors, however the tune was for a smaller turbo, as ill be using a hybrid holset H1C/H1E. If i adjust the fuel pressor to keep the car stoich will i see adverse affects other than power that isnt idea to the computer parameters? I really don't want to crack some rings over a gamble, but in theory i dont see any reason it shouldn't work, it just wont work as efficient.

PFA, my project car
>>
I'd just shell out for a haltech or megasquirt
>>
On the off chance this is not a troll post:

No, that will not fucking work at all. How are you planning the adjust fuel pressure on the fly to hit your AFR target? Protip = stoich isn't what you want.
>>
If the piggyback (MAPECU?) is tuned for a similar setup, it should be good enough to get you to a proper dyno/tuning shop to get you dialed in. Just stay out of hard boost on your way there. If you don't know what you're doing, be extra careful.

If it were me, I'd do a pull on the street and watch AFRs to see how close it is. Chances are it'll be close enough even with a tune for another turbo.
>>
>>16380905
Is that an skyline?
>>
>>16380905
it'll get you to a dyno for a proper tune
>>
>>16383733
ya, R32 with a RB25
>>
>>16383749
Very nice color.
>>
>>16380905
I have a vpro in my z. Almost impossible to find tuners for them in Aus/nz because the tuner has to be hks certified and the interface is all in Japanese. You would be better off just buying a nistune or another cheap piggyback
>>
>>16380905
Yes, but there's always small differences.
If it's tuned conservative and not on the edge it will work fine.

The computer accounts for load and pressure. When that load and pressure happens makes no difference to the computer.
>>
>>16381169
>How are you planning the adjust fuel pressure on the fly to hit your AFR target?
Fuel pressure regulators do that on their own..

If the other car was tuned on the same injectors then what does it matter.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.