[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /o/tists I'm giving some serious thought to my next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Ok /o/tists I'm giving some serious thought to my next toy being a right hand drive true import. Something like this:
http://www.japan-partner.com/Auto/26394/Nissan/SKYLINE/car-for-sale.html
Do any of you have any experience with importing to the US? Any pitfalls or legal issues to look out for? I'm in GA in a non emissions check county. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>16378483
I've been daily driving RHD imports in the US for the past 5 years. Imported one through a friend as well. As far as legal issues go you're gunna need to get in contact with a registered importer who has connections to auctions in Japan. Auctions are the best place to find a car for export. In order for a car to leave Japan it has to go through a series of inspections and have a decent bit of paper work done. It's not that difficult to do yourself if you are over there and have access to someone who can translate.

My advice? Go talk to someone like Japanese classics or Fed-legal imports and see how they can help out. For someone who has zero experience importing a car from Japan I highly recommend getting in contact with an experienced importer.

If you want I can put you in contact with my buddy in PA who actually has a few inexpensive RHD imports on his lot right now. He can also help you pick out and import a car that you select if you are serious about it.
>>
>>16378506
I really appreciate the advice! I'm about 6 months away from my savings goal so no immediate need. I just figured there would be a ton of red tape and this would definitely be the place to ask. How wonky was it getting used to the right hand drive?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16378511
Getting used to RHD is easy. Takes about 5-10 mins to start to feel comfortable. Only trouble comes from toll booths and drive thrus lol

It's fun to watch people stare in traffic. Every day I drive my car I get people asking about it.
>>
>>16378523
Yeah that's sexy as fuck dude. Thanks!
>>
File: image.jpg (191KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 960x720px
>>16378529
Thanks m8. Best of luck in your car search. Make sure you get something relatively stock with low mileage though. Older Japanese cars that have been modified tend to have a bunch of little gremlins you have to sort out. It's taken me almost three years to get the chaser to where I want it
>>
>>16378483
Pay more up front. A Nissan Skyline is reliable if you maintain it and don't abuse it but most, especially the cheap ones, did not experience either.

If you can wait, get a late model R32. Talk to an importer and make sure that someone trustworthy does an extensive inspection before you put the money down. Rust can be in unexpected places and a lot of things can be broken in unexpected ways.

Don't mod a Skyline with stupid shit. If you can't explain why the mod is an improvement you shouldn't do it. The more mods you do the harder it is to make the car reliable.
>>
Look at dealers like Japanese Classics. They handle all the paper lifting and if you are serious about it you can ask them about a particular vehicle you want them to keep an eye out for.
>>
>>16379215
Thank for the tip there dude! I'll definitely check them out
>>16379192
Actually my goal is the opposite of going full retard with the mods. I want to make a sleeper out of it. Until the hood is popped I want it to look completely standard and stock. I'll check out the R32s thanks!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.