[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much weight do you put into utqg ratings? I'm looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

How much weight do you put into utqg ratings? I'm looking into buying new tires for my car, and if I want tires with A in traction,temp it'll cost 140-170 a piece. What say /o/?
>>
>>16376120
Lmao dude. Just lmao. No one even knows what teh fuck you're talking about but from what it sounds like, it's complete fucking bullshit. Probably some user submitted nonsense which is all subjective.

Just go with a popular brand name tire and get a model designed for the application you need and you'll be completely fine. Don't make this complicated
>>
>>16376130
Actually it's in my owners manual and it says the higher the grade the better perfermance but okay

Also forgot to ask in op but how do I know which tire will provide the quieter ride?
>>
>>16376120
I dont know my nigga but I know how much weight I would slide into the fat booty got dam boi got my mouth watering n shit
>>
>>16376207
K

Also another question is load index and cargo weight rating the same thing? Because if so that narrows it down significantly
>>
>>16376216
>LOAD INDEX
>CARGIO WEIGHT RATING

What are you even asking lmao. Get some fuckin pirelli p zeros and be done with it dude. it isnt this complex
>>
>>16376222
Are you really trying to shame me for getting the best possible tire for my car? You realize how retarded that makes you look right? This isn't /b/ I'm just asking questions here
>>
>>16376207
kill yourself, nigger.
>>
those ratings mean nothing because they're not standardized. a 140 in one brand may be harder and last longer than a 180 in another. tires in particular are just about the most subjective possible thing in the automotive industry. find one that works for you, read forums and find out what others with the same vehicle like. you're overthinking this big time.

also op is a faggot. do you drive a Focus ST?
>>
>>16376237
that's pretty rewd
>>
>>16376292
If they're meaningless than why is it in the manual? Why does dot require it on every tire? Why bother if they don't mean anything?
>>
>>16376309
Just post the exact tires you are thinking of buying so we can set this straight once and for all
>>
>>16376309
don't know, you figure it out since you're so hung up on it
>>
>>16376306
Maybe, but it was the most constructive post in this thread
>>
>>16376309
dumb autismposter
>>
>>16376387
I'm still looking around but here's three I'm considering
http://www.tiresaz.com/tires/view/115020/cooper-discoverer-a-t3-lt265-70r16/http://www.tiresaz.com/tires/view/131889/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko-lt265-70r16/https://m.pepboys.com/tires/details/BF%2520Goodrich/All-Terrain%2520TA%2520KO2/1260012/01634

>>16376421
>>16376440
It's a legitimate question. Maybe you kids should go back to /b/ with all your other special ed buddies, or at least stick to riced out Honda threads
>>
>>16376465
so you're calling us the stupid ones while first of all coming on this board expecting a serious answer, being too dense to figure it out on your own, and now you're looking at fucking all terrains? jesus lmao. pot meet kettle.
>>
File: bait.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>16376465
>>
>>16376492
I'm stupid for asking questions about tires lol. Don't you have a trap thread to shit post in right about now?
>>
>>16376514
are you going to cry?
>>
>>16376514
Not him but you do seem pretty stupid. Instead of lashing out at the world for pointing this out you should do something more constructive, like not being stupid, or - alternatively - killing yourself.
>>
>>16376514
Bruh people are bagging on you because your question is silly. These metrics you keep mentioning are antiquated and irrelevant. We aren't shopping in mail order catalogs anymore. Just get a tire for your make and model of vehicle and then sort by brand. All these ratings are meaningless as everything is standardized by GVW anyways.
>>
>>16376522
>>16376530
I just find it funny how butthurt everyone is getting over some simple questions when it's in the goddamn manual, and yet somehow I'm the stupid one here. This happens in every thread whenever a real question is asked too. Okay I'll just shitpost and troll from now on and I'll ask someone who knows what they're actually talking about when I need a real answer
>>
>>16376120
das loose ass man
>>
>>16376542
the manual is an old piece of paper written by the people who tricked you into buying their shitbox

post the car so i can laugh at y{u for worrying about tires on your corolla
>>
>>16376542
if it's in the manual and you're such a resourceful fellow then why are you even asking here? what did you honestly expect?
>>
>>16376547
>loose
>>
>>16376558
after im done with it yes
>>
>>16376120

>>16376152
>>16376216
>>16376233
>>16376309
>>16376465
>>16376514
>>16376542
Fuck off you faggot. Youre being a faggot over meaningless details you autistic turd.
>>
>>16376492
Oh look, another dumbfuck who fell for the winter tires meme
>>
Holy fuck this thread is some serious lols
>>
>>16376120
Just go with the most expensive ones you can afford. That way you're guaranteed to get quality.
>>
>>16376666
How the fuck is load index meaningless detail? Holy shit you're a retard mang
>>
>>16377441
>this thread
>>
They mean nothing between manufacturers, only among tires within a brand.

Generally for a quality brand I multiply the number by 100 to get what I can reasonably expect if I was a grandma. Halve that for my driving.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.