[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so winter is here and my car has a clogged heater core. Hot air

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: bitches.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bitches.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
so winter is here and my car has a clogged heater core. Hot air will come out very lukewarm.

So on my car replacing the heater core is extremely complicated and expensive so that is out of the question. Flushing it is a good idea except ive been reading the tubes from the heater core are made out of plastic and after 15 yrs of service life they WILL break and youll be stuck with a huge problem

So my question is, can I use some kind of radiator cleaner from autozone and just let it run in my cooling system for a few days to unclog my heater core or no? also whats a good radiator cleaner?
>>
Look online and figure out which is the inlet and outlet for the heater core from the engine bay side of the fire wall.
Drain the coolant.
Disconnect the hoses.
Shove a 3/4"hose adapter for a hose into the outlet hose.
Slowly, SLOWLY, run water backwards through the core until it's clean.

This works as long as there isn't a leak in the core.
>>
Don't be a pussy, take that dash apart and replace the core.
>>
>>16375471
the problem is the inlet and outlet hoses for my cars heater core are made out of brittle plastic and they love to break when theyre handled
>>
>>16375524
so buy some new hoses and replace those too you stupid fuck
>>
>>16375579
i meant the plastic part, that cant be replaced without replacing the whole heater core and replacing the heater core costs more than buying a new car
>>
>>16375524
Leave the hoses on the heater core, disconnect them at the engine. Problem solved.
>>
>>16375615
I'm sure he'll have some bullshit reason not to try

>possibility 1: Do nothing and continue having no heat
>possibility 2: Try to flush it, damage heater core and be forced to bypass it. Have no more or less heat than you have now
>possibility 3: a christmas miracle you successfully flush the core and have heat

Buy some heated seat covers and a lap blanket
>>
Where's the album? Someone sauce me up
>>
If you're cheap just drive the car with no heat. I did it for two winters. If you live in a cold climate you should already have a down filled coat. Just wear gloves when you drive and you'll be fine. get hot hands warm packs for when you drive if you're that fussy. Only thing you'll run into is if it's so cold that frost forms on the INSIDE of your windshield, in which case just carry some form of alcohol in your car (deicer) with paper towels and it's no big deal.
>>
>>16375380
What car?
>>
>>16375380
I've used CLR, filled the heater core with it and let it sit over night then flushed with a garden hose.
>>
>>16375380
Wear a coat faggot
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.