[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>friend buys brand new BMW 320i GT >only drives it once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1267.jpg (87KB, 1140x643px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1267.jpg
87KB, 1140x643px
>friend buys brand new BMW 320i GT
>only drives it once a month

Why the fuck do people do shit like this? He literally uses a FIAT Punto pretty much 90% of the time while the BMW is getting damaged from staying inside a garage without moving.

Does anyone else also do shit like this?
>>
Why didn't he just lease it if barely drives it?
>>
>>16374580

>getting damaged from staying inside a garage

I don't think that's how it works....

Some people like to save their nice cars for occasional driving, so they don't get dinged/dented/generally beat up by regular driving.

Anything remotely modern is fine with being driven once a week or once a month. As long as the battery doesn't go flat, not driving it won't screw anything up.
>>
>>16374651
>never heard of Standschaden.

Do me a favor and google it.
>>
>>16374866
I can't read frankfurter mate

But leaving a car sitting is fine, leaving a car sitting outside on grass under a tree is bad
>>
File: review-2017-ford-fusion-drive.jpg (78KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
review-2017-ford-fusion-drive.jpg
78KB, 750x563px
>>16374580
>Does anyone else also do shit like this?

My neighbors obtained a 2017 Ford Fusion SE even though they already have two cars. Sits outside while the shitty crossovers sit in the garage. Drives about 50/50 between the Fusion and other car. Other crossover is driven daily. Not sure why. It might be a company car.
>>
but the Fiat Punto is a god machine

and BMW is crap
>>
>>16374887
Standschaden translates to "sitting damage". When something like a car sits for too long without moving or working, you start to get damage on certain pieces inside the car.
>>
>>16374866

>>16375034

>When something like a car sits for too long without moving or working, you start to get damage on certain pieces inside the car.

Load of shit. That's why I said "anything remotely modern". An 80's carb'd car will get finicky if it sits for a few months. With modern gas, the float bowls might gunk up, you may get deposits in some of the little air holes, the gas will likely drain back out of the fuel pump so you'll have to crank it for 10 minutes to get fuel back to the carb to begin with, all sorts of stuff can go wrong.

If you drive a 2016 anything every 2 months it'll be fine. The vacuum hoses and other rubber lines degrade due to time, not due to lack of use. The compounds in the rubber dry out, become brittle and fail due to age. You can drive a '75 Cadillac 365 days a year from the day it was made and the hoses and belts will still fail because they're 40 years old.

Pretty much the only issues with newer cars stored for a month or two at a time are batteries going flat and tires getting flat spotted. Everything else is designed to last several years, and isn't adversely affected by sitting there for a while.
>>
Know a guy with a BMW M5 v10 that gets driven rarely. Escalade and Chevy 2500 are the dailys.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.