[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me > below left knee amputation as a teen >drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: wqvaJHy.jpg (21KB, 421x323px)
wqvaJHy.jpg
21KB, 421x323px
>be me
> below left knee amputation as a teen
>drive automatic because of this
>posted my automatic miata one time and get laughed at.

can I still be an /o/ even though I drive automatic?
>>
Dawg, if you don't have a left leg then you're trying your damndest.

You so /o/, bro.
>>
There are plenty of people here who are /o/ that don't even have a vehicle. It's not about what you drive it's about what's in your heart. My heart runs on 2 stroke but I'm sure you are fine with something else.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (52KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault[1].jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
Nope you're a faggot
Pic related - a hand clutch in a Miata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oi-RznrRVw
>>
>>16372602
>He didn't get a peg leg
>He doesn't have a pet parrot
>He doesn't have a dreaded beard with smoldering ends

Jeez dude it's like you're not even trying to be one of us
>>
ugh, the manual meme is the worst meme
>>
>>16372643
Dude he drives a Miata
Automatic Miatas suck
THEY SUCK
>>
/o/ is a bunch of bus driving faggots anyways lol
>>
>>16372649
Riding
>>
>>16372653
Crashing
>>
>>16372629
Seems needlessly complicated. I'd rather drive an auto and I'm a manual shill
>>
>>16372602
>can I still be an /o/ even though I drive automatic?
No, you're a baby making excues.

With a below the knee amputation, you should be able to operate 3 pedals still.

Or get one of those older cars that have the clutch on the knob, or some other sort of modification to make it work.
See >>16372629
>>
manual is an overrated meme

the problem is you have an automatic Miata
>>
The biggest problem is driving a Miata.
>>
File: right-bottom-img.jpg (6KB, 230x201px) Image search: [Google]
right-bottom-img.jpg
6KB, 230x201px
>Below knee
Pleb. Get on my level.
>>
File: 975281289204.jpg (157KB, 1864x1034px) Image search: [Google]
975281289204.jpg
157KB, 1864x1034px
>>16372602
>below left knee amputation

That's not too bad as far as leg amputations go. You can still bend at the knee so you can still operate a clutch fairly simply with the correct prosthetic.

Just something to think about if you want to learn to drive manual.
>>
I'd just get paddles if I didn't have a leg.
>>
You could still use a manual but the only problem is that you'd have no feel for the clutch. The British army has a team of disabled drivers and mechanics for racing, they lose some time due to riding the clutch. Like another anon said, it's in your heart
>>
>>16373539
They were losing time that one race but they just added an indicator light to show the driver if he was riding the clutch and it wasn't an issue after that. OP could do the exact same thing.
>>
>>16372602
As others are explaining, the car is probably the bigger issue in your case. A low-powered car with a slushbox automatic is always going to suck, especially if it's more than 10 years old or so.

If I was in your position, I'd try to get my hands on something with a good dual-clutch setup and paddles. Manual clutches are on the way out anyway, as much as /o/ doesn't want to believe it (myself included).
>>
>>16373503
>can't feel clutch
what's the point
>>
>>16373557
pretty much every car in europe has manual tranny
some sports/super cars don't come with manual anymore to babby their rich buyers who don't race anyways

not saying that manual is faster than a good automatic, it isn't, but it's more fun
>>
>>16372629
Miata driver who is a faggot? Wow that must be a world first.
>>
File: 1479364141018.jpg (35KB, 569x580px) Image search: [Google]
1479364141018.jpg
35KB, 569x580px
>>16372602
Dont come back until you grown a second leg faggot
>>
I have two good legs and drive an automagic Camaro.
/o/ can eat shit.
>>
File: 975281289204.jpg (140KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
975281289204.jpg
140KB, 800x450px
>>16373576
You actually can, you're just feeling it through a prosthesis. Besides, you'll probably get used it after a while.
>>
>>16372602
>are you /o

well you have a car and I assume you like to drive it so there's that.

Watched that midget British actor on top gear set a better time on their track than some other people with a pringles can taped to his foot so he could reach the clutch. It should be more than possible to drive a manual with a prosthetic leg you just have to practice.
>>
>>16372602
>>posted my automatic miata one time and get laughed at.
Like everyone is supposed to know you don't have a left leg.

I get made fun of for wearing combat boots everywhere but not after I explain my feet are fucked and the boots are the most comfortable and supportive shoes I have
>>
>>16373576
>>can't feel clutch
what a shit excuse. you should be able to feel the clutch through both what's left of your leg and the car itself, because it fucking moves
>>
Stop being a fucking pussy amputee and enjoy your life whether these autists like it or not. At least you're not partially blind like me anon, then you wouldn't even be able to enjoy your hobby at all.

Get fucked visioncucks
>>
>>16372602
Nope you care to much about what other people think about your car. You're just a faggot.
>>
You can /o/. I've always driven manual but I fucking hate when yall act so elitist aboot it. I dd an RSX and wish it was auto mane Im sick of manually shifting at this point
>>
>>16372602
>Can I be a meme image board?
>>
File: 1479702133397.jpg (96KB, 1196x642px) Image search: [Google]
1479702133397.jpg
96KB, 1196x642px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qchPLaiKocI
GET DOWN ON IT
>>
>>16372657
>school bus crash
>just ran through a ditch
>>
>>16373576
lady still has a thigh that can feel clutch pedal feedback
>>
>>16372602
can I get a pic of BKA?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.