[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question. Why do 6 cylinder engines have a "roar"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ass.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ass.gif
3MB, 480x270px
I have a question.
Why do 6 cylinder engines have a "roar" exhaust note and V8s "burble"
Assuming both were from the muscle car era so they both favored torque.
If you hear a straight 8 running it sounds kinda like a combination of the two.
>>
well my friend, the answer is very simple, you see the V8 it......SLAP ASS!
>>
>>16363843
I am a FUCKING baseball playerrr
>>
>>16363827
>"roar" exhaust note
>exhaust sound under acceleration

>"burble" exhaust note
>exhaust sound at idle

Are you asking for the difference between engine sounds at idle or under acceleration? You can just google why older V8s sound different man
>>
>>16363913
>Are you asking for the difference between engine sounds at idle or under acceleration?
No, they both produce very distinct and different sounds under acceleration.
>>
>>16363917
So are you asking for the difference in sound at idle?
>>
>>16363827
Firing order.
>>
>>16363919
no, the difference of sound under acceleration.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6piLLc8ivqE

there ya go
>>
>>16363923
Kid sounds like a shitface
>>
>>16363922
There's two parts (excuse my lack of knowledge cause I'm an amateur) - http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/01/15/cross-plane-vs-flat-plane-crankshafts/

Firing order and whether it's a 90 degree (crossplane) or flat-plane (180 degree) crank. Crossplane cranks are the ones that pretty much every old-design non-Euro American motor uses and it causes an uneven firing order and smooths out vibration under load. There is a number of different factors which affect noise under acceleration and I think it would best be left to an exhaust guy to spell it out because it's a ton of mumbo-jumbo and I don't think anyone needs to hear it
>>
>>16363932
intredasting
>>
>>16363827
Every circle of an American V8 due to camshaft spacing and timing will have about two cylinders fire at once at times due to the cycle of the piston in the block to number of total cylinders. The gurgle or that one 1&2 sound at idle to around is when two cylinders of the block but each side of the V8 has it's own exhaust headers flowing out the pipe nearly the same time. The V6 or mostly I6 of the era don't have that quirk, so they don't make that sound. The European alternative was make the camshaft spacing tighter when there are more cylinders so two would never fire at once for greater stability, which is to say they made V12's with the bores of 2.0 Liter four cylinders.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.