[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do you put into a cars repair/maintenance before calling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

How much do you put into a cars repair/maintenance before calling it quits and getting another car? Say your car is worth 3k and you spent that much in one year in repairs and maintenance, do you sell it at that point? Is it 50%? What would be a good figure to go by
>>
I'd fucking get rid of it and buy a toyota.
>>
>>16363248
keep fixing it. if you buy another shitbox it'll come with a new set of problems and then you're constantly fixing shit on any car you buy.
>>
>>16363265
But not every car is going to cost the same to upkeep
>>
>>16363248
Money wise? There's no end.

Now when it comes time to drop the transmission, forget about it. If I had a two post lift, or even a nice concrete slab, I might consider it.
>Pulling trans off my s10
>Chunks of 3/4" plywood everywhere for jack stand bases
>Have to use a wrench on the top bolt making a sixteenth of a turn at a time before having to flip the wrench over and getting another sixteenth of a turn
>Finally get it apart and onto the ground onto my jack and 3/4 plywood to roll it out
>Doesn't clear frame rails at the height I have it sitting
>Remove it from the jack and plywood
>Can't lift it up upside down, begin dragging the junk trans
>Now catching on the rockers
>Shoveled a huge hole in the driveway as I ran out of blocks to get the vehicle any higher

And forget about paying a shop $1,000 to do a trans swap. Most shops won't touch a used transmission around here anyways.
>>
>>16363813
is this hypothetical or is this your car we're talking about? what car? what's wrong with it and what have you fixed?
>>
>>16364079
I remember changing the clutch on my 1989 s10... had to unbolt the cab from the frame and Jack it up in order to get that top most bolt. I am impressed with your patience
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.