[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I brought this today any advice? 2000 Also general awd question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: tmp_24320-hqdefault258769860.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24320-hqdefault258769860.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
I brought this today any advice? 2000

Also general awd question. If I drive in h2 or h4, do I have to shift it back to neutral when I'm done and before shutting off the engine? Or does it not matter
>>
>>16358352
It's a 4wd not AWD.

Always drive on road in 2wd - only use 4wd for dirt/gravel/snow. If you do drive it on road long enough the lack of slip will lock up your diffs and either fuck them up or force you to unwind them slowly.

You can shift from 2wd to 4wd with the engine on or off as far as I am aware.
>>
>>16358352
drive in low range 4WD all the time with the diff locks in trust me its better and saves on fuel and wear on the drive train
>>
>>16358362
When I drove it home today the indicator light didn't tell me it was on 2wd, does that mean it's in neutral and therefore off? I'm kind of confused on that part. If the light isn't on at all then what drive is it?

>>16358371
The manual says to keep it on 2wd and 4hi for rain and snow, essentially. Unless I'm missing something here? Also I find it kinda off putting I have to stop completely to put it in 4lo, what do of I run into a steep hill and it's too late to stop altogether?
>>
>>16358371
b8

>>16358385
>When I drove it home today the indicator light didn't tell me it was on 2wd, does that mean it's in neutral and therefore off?

When the light's off, you're in 2wd

>Also I find it kinda off putting I have to stop completely to put it in 4lo, what do of I run into a steep hill and it's too late to stop altogether?

4lo is meant for dire situations where you require max torque (getting out of a ditch or something like that), if you're driving up a hill and require 4Lo, you'd have to break, put it in neutral while holding the break, switch to 4lo then carry on
>>
File: 4RunnerWoods.jpg (2MB, 2160x1216px) Image search: [Google]
4RunnerWoods.jpg
2MB, 2160x1216px
Fluid Film the frame, catch it up on maintenance (t-belt, all fluids in engine/trans/t-case/diffs/etc) and enjoy.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.