[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been testing cars for the past month and at this point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: camaro.jpg (59KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
camaro.jpg
59KB, 960x540px
I've been testing cars for the past month and at this point I'm leaning towards a 2017 Camaro 2SS with Magnetic Ride.

So now you get to do what you guys love to do best and rip this car apart and tell me every valid reason I should not buy this car.
By which I mean, I'm not looking for things like "don't buy new" or "x manufacturer is better". In other words, I'm looking for criticisms of this specific car only.

Thanks lads.

Some other tidbits:
>I have gotten "track" time on one so I know how it handles beyond highway and surface road driving. Mustang was more fun because it requires more driver input, but the Camaro felt like the better car and had more precise handling.
>The visibility, while better in other cars, has been 'fixed' in this generation and depends largely on seat position. Biggest issue I had was backing up (reverse camera makes up for it a bit) and I passed a sign that I tried to double take on and couldn't see because it was above my roof line sooner than expected. Blind spot monitoring is a big help and will be in the car I buy.
>Aftermarket modifications seem much more expensive, and much harder to do than on a Mustang for example.
>Exterior, while a step up from previous gens, is kind of gaudy. I much prefer the exterior of an S550, but the interior of the Camaro is lightyears above comparable cars.
>>
>asking for advice on a GM from /o/

Son, you dun goofed.
>>
>>16355653
Better than asking for it on a Camaro forum or somewhere they think the car is an infallible gift from god.
I *want* people to shit on it as much as possible to see if any points that get brought up are enough to sway me away from buying.
>>
There are no real negatives, the Camaro (especially the ZL1) is the best value in performance cars right now.
Hell, a regular SS 1LE keeps up with an M4 GTS, which is a track-oriented monster with a massive wing and horrendously stiff suspension. Meanwhile the Camaro can easily be daily driven.
>>
I bought the S550 because I wanted a daily driver I'm not going after bench numbers and I actually need to see to park

They are both fun to drive. The stang is getting magnetic suspension as an option as well. Also 2018 mid gen facelift
>>
>>16355682
I do /really/ want a ZL1, but idk if I can justify $63k for a car (already got it priced out from a dealer so believe me, I've considered it.)
I considered an M2, but they fly off the shelf so fast that I haven't found one to test yet so I've pretty much taken it out of the running.

>>16355696
I can't really wait for a new model year. My old car is kill and I'm driving a rental until I buy.
Parking feels like I can get used to it. I haven't ever needed to parallel park, and having to back in is super duper rare... maybe twice in the last 5 years.
The interior of the stang is what kills me. That curve in the footwell trim is right where I like ot keep my knee, and I drive with one hand on the shifter so the parking brake is exactly where I like to rest my arm.
I really wanted to love it because the exterior is amazing to me.
>>
>>16355745
>considered an M2, but they fly off the shelf so fast that I haven't found one to test yet so I've pretty much taken it out of the running.
Apparently the M240i is pretty much as good. Try one of those.
>>
>>16355745
>My old car is kill and I'm driving a rental until I buy
Exactly what happened to me. Sometimes you can't time a purchase perfectly but I did save a bunch of money getting a used 15 during the 17 model year.

Sorry the interior doesn't fit you well. It's a lot roomier for me than my last car
>>
>>16355762
Heard the same thing, so I did. It didn't feel sporty enough for me. Handling was fine, albeit not very bolted down to the floor, but the engine didn't have much kick. Wasn't for me.
Of course I had just gotten done driving a GT-R so maybe it was just perception.
>>
>>16355780
Yea. I'm the type that will buy a car and run it into the ground if I like it so I don't really care about resell value and don't benefit as much from buying used. I had already started looking and narrowing down about 3 months ago because I knew my car was going to die soon so at least it wasn't out of the blue.
>>
>>16355591
fuckin magnets
how do they work??
>>
>>16356639
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axwm-5zng0s
>>
>>16355591
It objectively looks horrible.

But when you are on the inside, you can't see shit anyway so not like it will matter when you are driving it. Just unscrew the lightbulbs in your garage so you can barely see the thing before you get into it in the morning.
>>
No joke, thought the car in OP was a Veloster from the thumbnail.
>>
>>16355591
>Exterior, while a step up from previous gens
nope

first new gen had it right but fucked the tailights

dodge improved the newer gen challengers and move it true to the old spirit it had

camaros dun fucked it up more and made it edgier like the mustang

imo

they had the right idea but fucked it immensely

hopefully the charger will one day go back to its old roots as the new ones tail lights seem to point and not have it be a fucking sedan
>>
>>16356687
lol'd

>>16356699
>camaros dun fucked it up more and made it edgier like the mustang
well I like the mustang, so that's not really a knock for me. I'm not really a purist, I just like cars that look good regardless of their historical ties.
To me the new gen fixed some issues the previous ones had, mainly with sharper lines. Headlight and tail lights on the 6th gen made a big difference too.

I think Dodge fucked the newest redesign of their chargers, a lot of that beefiness that made it a charger is gone now. Especially evident when you see 2 police chargers a year model apart side by side.
As far as the tail lights go, I hope they don't ever change that solid bar thing. It's so easy to spot cops with it.
>>
>>16356743
seen an old fart driving (slowly) 2016 Ford Shelby GT350 with the snake emblem shit was nice for a mustang with fat tires in the back

im more of a chevy fag and never like mustangs of any year, but the new camaro destroyed my love for em more or less and now looking to the newish challengers.

but then i bought a beater work truck to abuse and move shit with so there went the potential deposit
>>
camaros have one of the biggest yr1 drops in value of any car. if you want one, get one thats a year or two old.
>>
>>16356776
One of the biggest pluses the Camaro brings to the table for me is the interior, so older models are out of the question. Also see:
>>16355809
>I'm the type that will buy a car and run it into the ground if I like it so I don't really care about resell value and don't benefit as much from buying used.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.