[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone help me understand the Honda community? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5599.jpg (109KB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5599.jpg
109KB, 960x1080px
Can someone help me understand the Honda community?
I don't understand the guys that do engine swaps for such small performance increases, dump money into economy cars to make them handle better, get obsessed with having a "clean" Civic etc.

Like, what's the point? Why not just get a Miata or an S13 to sling around?
I have friends that have put so much time and effort into a Honda Civic, and it's still not any faster or fun to drive than 90% of your regular cars out there.

I'm not looking to hate, just trying to understand.
>>
They're just having a bit of fun. You like fun don't you anon?
>>
>>16349206
I just don't understand the work/reward ratio for them.
My friend did a full engine swap on his, repainted it, did lots of suspension work...it's still a Honda Civic and really isn't that fun to drive or fast.
>>
>>16349221
It's a niche community like anything else. You could say the same about Miata faggots doing NA 1.8 swaps for a 10% increase in performance. It's kind of dumb and you would be better off just buying a faster car to begin with but it's fun to tinker around and the parts are cheap so fuck it, why not.
>>
>>16349221
The actual process of building the thing is the most rewarding part.
Plenty of people out there spend years building a project, drive it a couple of times, sell it and start a new project.
>>
>>16349251
Makes sense I guess. I just haven't ever had any fun driving a Honda, whereas a Miata is RWD. So it's a little more of a challenge and more rewarding to me.
I'll agree with you on the Miata swaps. Very stupid.
>>16349252
I getcha. I like to tinker too, but i would rather start with something that already has some power. Like building an RB26 or something.
>>
>>16349268
I've driven an S2000, that's the Honda exception. It was a blast.
>>
>>16349268
Building a nice Civic might cost 30k, building a nice Skyline might cost 80k (figures pulled out of my ass). Yes you can knock something together much cheaper but usually it's about satisfying your autistic urges and making everything just so.
Having a more expensive project is often less fun as you feel kind of guilty and retarded for spending so much money on it - it becomes harder to justify to your self.
>>
>>16349268
>I just haven't ever had any fun driving a Honda

Ok so I have driven an NSX as well as an S2000.

Both are great cars.

That being said I know you are referring to FWD Hondas. I still would like to own/drive something like pic/vid related

lightweight, high revving and somewhat affordable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWJxjmxFpf8
>>
>>16349202
> talks about engine swaps
> posts a picture of a turbocharged civic
>>
>>16349446
>implying that's a real intercooler
>>
It's just like playing with Legos anon.
>>
They're one of the cheapest things to go fast in. Guy on youtube with channel BoostedBoiz built a 600ish hp ek hatch for 6k that walks basically anything. Friend has a 450hp awd wagon w/stock engine.
>>
>>16350038
By stock I mean not swapped. It obviously has had work done to it.
>>
>>16349202
Because you have to understand Japanese tuning culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8HGbIbcuFo

It's their automotive culture. Their economy sparked in the 90's with aftermarket parts and performance upgrades. Manufacturers would sell base-model cars and leave it to the end-user to modify it to their heart's content.

Why? Japan has a huge racing fanbase due to the 70's and 80's as well as 90's circuit racing. They have world famous tracks such as Ebisu Circuit or Fuji Speedway. So old cars of the 90's had some form of technology derived from racing as well as their aftermarket parts. As a westerner you might think

>its just a civic

But it really is more than that to them
>>
>>16350038
>>16350044
Yep, and while a 4AGE is really fucking hard and expensive to get to 250hp, you can do the work required to turbo it instead and double what you started with. 300, even 400+ aren't uncommon numbers when running boost like that.
>>
>>16350092
>>16349202

Also, just because it's a Civic doesn't mean it's slow. It dominates the touge and the circuit. It has it's advantages and the Honda motors rev to the sky which puts them in a gearing advantage against a different car in the same class. It's not all about raw power, sometimes it's about corner ability, braking, agility and balance. Here's Senna showing the strengths of the chassis. This EF has the same characteristics of an F1 car despite it being a Honda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKLywfzi0xU
>>
>>16350119
How could you tell I have a 4a? ;-;
I still wanna make it crack the 200whp mark NA though. It's part of the fun.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.