[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo, /o/, Just started browsing here, I don't have my car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1480037943884.png (201KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1480037943884.png
201KB, 500x373px
Yo, /o/, Just started browsing here, I don't have my car lisence at 21 which is very lazy I know, however I need to get to work and to uni next year, So I was going to get a motor bike so that I can get on the road a bit faster, before I get on my bike I've been learning the road rules with my good ol' pa, driving when I can, but he seems to think it's a stupid idea to get on the road being inexperinced as I am, (been driving for maybe 3 months.) He seems to think that most motorbike riders are dangerous idiots and that I'll fall off and hurt myself.

tldr: Are motorbikes dangerous and are they worth getting?
>>
>>16348486
Yes, motorcycles are dangerous, as a PA bro myself I'd say a bike will definitely be interesting to ride around on if you don't have much experience with driving. Lots of people are super aggressive when I ride, which is why I crank it up a notch and try and stay away from those faggots. Lots of people will ride your ass, when you're on a motorcycle, most of the time they barely see you. You best be used to people not seeing you and trying to inadvertently run you off the road, without getting flustered..
>>
File: 1475274689170.jpg (29KB, 357x312px) Image search: [Google]
1475274689170.jpg
29KB, 357x312px
>>16348533

Sounds like a fantastic trip. If motorbikes are usually like that then why do people even ride them? I'll probably just wait until I'm on my car Ps if it's going to be that stresfull. Sorry if that seems very ignorant I know 0 about this sort of stuff so far.
>>
>>16348533
Don't get me wrong, I love riding, but I have 13 years of driving experience under my belt, plus I've driven a work van for the last 5 years, so I have plenty of time learning to read the stupid drivers before they cause me harm.

In the long run you'd be better off buying a cheap car, or mini truck, and driving that for work and school. Then you can buy a bike later for fun/summer commuting. A decent bike will cost more then a cheap car will, and maintenance is rather short mileage wise compared to an automobile. Insurance is also cheaper for a car, and all season driving, cuz riding when it's below 40 degrees out sucks balls.

I have 2 motorcycles, those were my only source of transportation this year, just bought an S-10. 1000 bucks for the truck, that's less then half what I spent on each bike...
>>
>>16348545
Well, I suppose I'll be using a bus to get to work and uni for another year. I suppose that's better than getting rammed off the road.
>>
I learned to ride before learning to drive, and rode about ten years before adding a truck to the fleet. (Cars a shit because useless for hauling.) It's doable.

Would do again, but all I ever wanted was to ride. Learned riding my bike home in North Jersey traffic but I intensely studied riding first. No MSF classes existed at the time.
>>
File: 1479185271273.png (617KB, 596x596px) Image search: [Google]
1479185271273.png
617KB, 596x596px
>>16348542
Riding bikes is about fun. I just fucking g love it and the chance of dying is worth it to me. They are dangerous but you are responsible for staying alive on It. That soccer mom or semi that merged into you would be I. The wrong but you will be the one who dies.

Some bikes ride like dicks. And that's a peronallity thing more than a bike thing. I'm sure those same peope.drive cars like assessment too.

You should try riding and see if it is up your alley I love mine but it is not for everyone.
>>
>>16348486
just get a corolla
>>
File: six rapes.png (224KB, 553x580px) Image search: [Google]
six rapes.png
224KB, 553x580px
>>
>>16348550

Just learn to fucking drive. It's not hard. If you can ride a bike, you can drive a car.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.