[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So: I've got a mazda 3, 2008 2.0 sedan. Just had it taken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: s-l225[1].jpg (8KB, 225x192px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225[1].jpg
8KB, 225x192px
So:

I've got a mazda 3, 2008 2.0 sedan. Just had it taken for a roadworthy and it needs new front struts. Mechanics are quoting me a fair bit ($600 for the two), but i figured I should be able to buy all the parts, as well as the tools for this and do it myself, for about half the price.

Considering I've never really performed maintenance on my car, I'm a little anxious about it, but I feel like It's worth a shot.

I'm pretty sure I've sourced what I need:

Axle stands
Trolley Jack
Socket Kit, Torque Wrench, Extender
Coil Clamps
New shocks

Youtube videos don't look outrageously difficult... Anyone got experience with replacing macpherson style struts?

Any pointers you'd suggest for me before I dive into it?
>>
>>16347937
Just get it done, its not a job that is as easy as you make it out to be. Especially not for someone with no real wrench experience. You'll fuck your car up so bad, not trying to down you, but shit m8, talk about taking it to ten.
>>
>>16347937
>$600 for 2 struts
You can replace all the suspension parts for your car for like $300

Also don't listen to him >>16348064
You learn through hands on experience. At the very least get someone to help you wrench
>>
>>16348064
fuck off
>>
>>16348073
>>16348096
Intentionally trying to make an inexperienced var owner trash their vehicle. You fucking faggot's are malicious as fuck. This board can be such trash sometimes. Don't listen to these retards op, they want you to fuck your car up. Suspension is not something a beginner does you goddamn fucking retards.
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5QPfPGgm4s

what am I missing with this then? like obviously it's nothing i've ever done before, but it doesn't look...... ridiculously difficult?
>>
>>16347937
Op what do you do when the top bolt strips on the shock you are replacing?

A. You cut it out with a cutoff tool
B. You use vice grips to try to turn it by hand
C. You use a blue wrench to swell the bolt hoping to pop it off
D. None of the above
>>
ask on CL for a Mechanic and buy the parts.
>>
>>16348132
If I wanted OP to do irreparable damage to his car I would have told him to put sugar in the gas tank to increase horsepower

You idiot
>>
>>16348155
Dummy, you're just a fucking dummy. Jesus, get fucked kiddo.
>>
>>16348149
probably wrong, but i guess I'd go with A: aside from the coil the entire assembly's gonna be replaced, so cutting it off should have serious consequences?

>>16348150
I've already got the parts.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.