[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey how you doing I just brought a 2000 Toyota 4runner, saw it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Hey how you doing I just brought a 2000 Toyota 4runner, saw it on the sticky and liked what I saw when I looked into it/saw the car.

A few questions, when is it ideal to use the 4wd, and can someone explain the 4hi and 4lo to me so I really understand it. Also, any general tips as far as driving a car like this? I've only driven smaller cars. And I'm confused, when I look at the owners manual it has two different size tires. Does that mean either or is fine and just preference? What would be the pros/cons of going from 16 to 15 with a car this size/weight?
>>
>>16347424
4hi is for general/light offroading and snow. 4lo is for when your to trying get up steep hill or going through some deep mud.
>>
>>16347465
Is it possible to shift while moving in drive or will that damage the engine or cause me to spin out? What if I'm in cruise control
>>
>>16347424
I want a body exactly like this
>>
>>16347496
No matter what it says, just to be safe. Pull to a stop. Put car in neutral, shift to 4hi/4lo, shift into 1/Drive and go
>>
>>16347562
faggot
>>
File: Snapchat-6594015748462589637.jpg (877KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6594015748462589637.jpg
877KB, 1440x2560px
>>16347424
im sure base models came with 15" steel tires and 16" alloys for sr5. Tire/wheel size doesnt really matter alot as long as its the right lug pattern and offset.
as for 4wd hi/lo
>pull back once to go in high, this is for general street driving
>go over and up for low, this should only be used at speeds under 10mph for when your really stuck or see really deep mud/snow ahead.
just dont throw into 4wd going 70 on the highway, ive slowed down to 40 and put it in 4wd a few times, im sure its not the best but you really cant come to a standstill on the interstate.
>>
File: 1289171564069.jpg (493KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
1289171564069.jpg
493KB, 1024x819px
>>16347599
>pull back once to go in high, this is for general street driving
>just dont throw into 4wd going 70 on the highway, ive slowed down to 40 and put it in 4wd a few times, im sure its not the best but you really cant come to a standstill on the interstate.

what the fuck are you talking about? 4 wheel drive should never be used on pavement, or for "general driving." you will fuck your components up. and why the fuck would you ever need 4 wheel drive on the highway?

do not listen to anything this guy said
>>
File: latest.jpg (44KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
44KB, 640x400px
>>16347619
>not using 4wd in blizzard
>thinking people in the midwest dont do 60+ in a blizzard
>cant into snow
>>
>>16347424
Cute boy
>>
>>16347676
thats not a dude, is it?
>>
>>16347649

snow is fine. you made it sound like you just use 4 high whenever
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.