[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My 04 corolla is loud as shit on the highway, are sound deadening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: chinesedeadener.jpg (295KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
chinesedeadener.jpg
295KB, 1500x1500px
My 04 corolla is loud as shit on the highway, are sound deadening pannels a meme or will putting this shit inside the doors and floorboard actually going to make a big difference?

They sell 36 sq feet on amazon for about $60 shipped.
>>
>>16345224
Its a LOT of work.

you might reduce noise with different tires. What do you run now?
>>
>>16345224

Sound deadening panels are a meme, but proper sound deadening (panels, mass-loaded vinyl, etc) is not a meme.

Don't expect magic from just cheap panels.
>>
>>16345240
continental true contacts
>>
>>16345249
Those are decent on low noise.

With sound deadening you need to remove all the seats, door panels, carpet, rear seats, etc. and carefully place the sound stuff where there isnt any, and/or over existing stuff.

This is tedious work.
>>
>>16345241
Not op but also interested, can you recommend any? Noico has good reviews
How about the cotton insulation pads?
>>
>>16345263

I dont mind doing that, I had the whole ass end of the passenger compartment torn up to replace the rear speakers because the stock ones were blown.

I dont want to foil the whole interior, it looks like you only need to cover like 50% of any panel to get decent noise reduction.

I guess im just trying to figure out if buying a single kit and doing the inside of the doors and maybe the floor would make a significant difference.
>>
>>16345224
It's mostly wind noise, probably.
>>
>>16345224
Just turn the music up

Do you have a vagina or something? 2bh going from a 90s civic I really miss being able to hear the engine
>>
Get a better car, a Camry would be more comfortable
>>
>>16345224
Do you have good tires? How are the suspension bushings? What about the weatherstripping?
>>
File: Race_queen.jpg (205KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Race_queen.jpg
205KB, 720x1080px
>>16345224
>will putting this shit inside the doors and floorboard actually going to make a big difference?

There is a nice archived thread about installing sound deadening material. There's various types and different approaches. See the thread at:

https://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15364893/
>>
>>16345224
There are before and after videos on youtube, and videos with some other tips as well.
>>
>>16345372
Lol, my buddy just sold his CRV and he says he didn't know he'd miss the noisy valvetrain.
>>
engine noise makes the ride comfy.

>tfw driving home, sun setting over frozen corn fields, tfw gf in passenger seat slowly dozing off to the drone of the engine, and not a care in the world besides chewing up the miles and what song's up next in the eurobeat megamix
truly ultimate comfy.
>>
File: IMG_9386.jpg (26KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9386.jpg
26KB, 320x320px
>>16347457
>>
>>16345224
Replace your shit tires with something decent
>>
>>16345224
>My 04 corolla is loud as shit on the highway

If you've driven on smooth new asphalt roads, you should have noticed a huge drop in noise. If not, then your tires are not merely the largest noise contributor, but by _far_ the largest noise contributor.

In such cases, your biggest noise improvement comes from using quieter tires. Some tires have strong grip yet are fairly quiet on city roads such as the Continental TrueContact which are the successor to the also quiet Continental ProContact. That other poster uses conti truecontact but I use conti procontact. The procontacts are the quietest high performance all seasons I've used yet, so I am quite pleased.

You've already seen other posts in past tire /o/ threads on ultra performance type tires such as michelin pilots. Those summer tires are quite noisy.
>>
>>16345224
>My 04 corolla
That's not the quietest type of car to be using at highway speeds. Since it's a 2004, you prolly don't want to dump a lot of new money into it. In my opinion, Noico is not all that effective on reducing conductive sounds thru thick metal or beams. It works best on large thin flat areas such as roofs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.