[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /o/ so hostile and full of shitposting? Aren't niche

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: sad camaro.jpg (22KB, 485x364px) Image search: [Google]
sad camaro.jpg
22KB, 485x364px
Why is /o/ so hostile and full of shitposting? Aren't niche boards supposed to be better communities? Why can I get better discussion on /a/ and /v/ then I can here?
>>
>>16342673
>catfish.png
>>
File: 1338169168758.gif (424KB, 259x169px) Image search: [Google]
1338169168758.gif
424KB, 259x169px
>/a/ and /v/
>discussion
>>
>>16342673
Unfortunately the current popular automotive culture is litterally shitposting.
>>
>>16342673
lot of nocars here and video gamers.

tracking a car for instance has a high barrier to entry.

buying a console and gaymen has almost zero barrier to entry
>>
>>16342673
>Aren't niche boards supposed to be better communities?
Not necessarily.
>>
>>16342673
Because people are delusional and ignorantly follow shitty brands.
Its too easy to make fun of them
>>
>>16342705
You are part of the problem.
>>
>>16342673
Because of alphonse. That's literally it. He's destroying this god damn board.
>>
>>16342722
This board has too much garbage for it to be the cause of one person. Alphonse must be some sort of hivemind entity, or maybe a cult.
>>
The hostility's getting old but the shitposting is the best part. There are tons of general and specific forums for all kinds of vehicles and automotive interests.

I go to vehicle specific boards for information, I go to /o/ for the shitposting.
>>
File: 20161218_215133_0.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161218_215133_0.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>16342742
nah, i'm actually only one person

pic related is me <3
>>
it's one of those hobbies where casuals are easily called out and noticed
that being said most of /o/ has never changed their oil
>>
>>16342797

Most of /o/ hasn't had their balls drop yet.
>>
Most of /o/ has shit boxes and can only benchrace through parroting other people's experiences. The ones that have already sunk money into their shitboxes can't afford to reflect on their decisions
>>
File: 1462242368237.jpg (56KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
1462242368237.jpg
56KB, 640x424px
literally 90% of /o/
>>
>>16342673
>Why is /o/ so hostile and full of shitposting? Aren't niche boards supposed to be better communities?

We have a combination of several dedicated shitposters that hate /o/ and will repost past shitpost thread topics or reword them. The purpose is to make new threads to churn off the good threads. By making the good threads expire much sooner, it reduces the overall quality of the board.

We also have a lot of teens and man children posting. History from other forum sites has shown that such posters are generally terrible which is why their accounts get banned or set to read only. That doesn't work on 4chan so we end up with immature posters doggedly sticking to their thoughts. Those teens are just more examples of why we can't have nice things. They shit the bed and then hit-and-run. Just like they do in real life when they vandalize something and run for it. Or they hit your car and run for it.
>>
>>16342673
>cars
>niche
>>
File: ballsonfire1.jpg (71KB, 720x481px) Image search: [Google]
ballsonfire1.jpg
71KB, 720x481px
>>16342673
>Why is /o/ so hostile and full of shitposting?

Shitty mod/janitor staff. I'm almost certain one of the regular shitposters. I seriously got a 1-day ban for starting a motorsport thread on /o/.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.