[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are idiots on this board who think the new Supra is going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

There are idiots on this board who think the new Supra is going to be 50k and would be upset if it isnt.
>>
>>16342601
Butthurt japcrap shitters are fun
>>
>>16342601
The Mk.4 Supra Turbo was $40k when it came out, so I can see the new Supra going for $60k easily
>>
>BMW twin turbo 6 cylinder
>Toyota build quality

it's gonna be like 70k

but that's just the going rate for a quality sports car nowadays
>>
File: inflation.png (33KB, 1087x625px) Image search: [Google]
inflation.png
33KB, 1087x625px
>>16342611
retard alert
>>16342617
More like on par with the GTR, they were direct competitors in the 90s as well
>>
>>16342633
>Calls others retards
>doesn't realize the Mk. 4 came out in MY1994
>>
The new Supra will be:
→Un-tunable
→±4,000#
→"Pedestrian crash friendly"
→Auto only
→Bluetooth your phone, accessories, microwave, girlfriend, spare tire (sold separately) automatically to the 36" wide infotainment screen.
→$90K
>>
File: 1475528114649.jpg (65KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
1475528114649.jpg
65KB, 600x516px
>>16342655
sadly it will probably also be hybrid, untuneable, and not a twin turbo inline six

They should honestly not make it. the new nsx was a shitter destroying the legendary name lets pray the poopra doesn't suffer the same fate
>>
>>16342664
>the new nsx was a shitter destroying the legendary name lets pray the poopra doesn't suffer the same fate
>New Sportscar eXperimental
>>
>>16342617
It's probably not getting a bmw i6 engine
>>
>>16342664

cars are like video games, they play towards the consumer base, not the enthusiasts

but really the OG nsx was all aluminum with an advanced v6, just like the new one with some carbon fiber and...an advanced TT v6

same as the OG supra, FR car with a nice I6 motor. fast foward and you find a FR car with a nice I6 motor

companies COULD copy/paste the great parts of a car and run with it, but they're too busy trying to make sure it fits with the 'modern times' to care about what really made the car such a historical timepiece.

but nowadays any car needs an engineer to tinker with the F/A ratio, much less boost pressure and everything else.
>>
File: 41.jpg (798KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
798KB, 1440x960px
>>16342686
>>16342679
i know i know its just sad to see them move away from the tuning scene. Tuning a hybrid to high hp just sounds silly expensive, at least the gtr you can realistically tune
>>
>>16342686
>cars are like video games, they play towards the consumer base, not the enthusiasts

I know you're right but I just don't want to admit it. Companies make cars for people who actually buy them. Toyota doesn't give a shit about some benchracer on a weeb forum, why would they? Enthusiasts tend to give each other shit for buying new cars in the first place.

Toyota is going to make this car for the kind of person who will drop an ass load of money on a new vehicle. If they can't compromise for three years of vehicle life by buying something off lease, how much do you think they'll compromise on something like comfort or interior gadgets? New cars are all fucked.
>>
>>16342710
They still have engines you can tune, and I'm sure the NSX is gonna get a lot of high HP tunes since it's gas engine is only making like 450bhp
>>
>>16342715
do you think the electric motors will scale appropriately? i feel like they wouldn't put out enough and almost slow the car instead of keeping up?
disclaimer- i dont know anything about hybrids and dont claim to in any way
>>
>>16342734
The electric motors will still output 100bhp and all that torque at 0rpm

This isn't your grandma's Prius, the electrics aren't just tagging along for the ride whenever the car isn't in stop and go traffic, they actively help accelerate and decelerate the car on a track
Not to mention in the NSX' case they also help it turn corners even harder and help slow the car down giving the brakes more breathing room

It's a stupidly complicated system, I'll give you that, but when you actually drive the car you don't have to think about it because the car sorts it out all behind the scenes
For example when I tested launch control on it:
>put it in drive
>hold the brake
>hold the revs between 2000-4000
>wait for the screen to say launch control ready
>let go of the brakes and floor it
Didn't need to press a single button or fiddle through any menus, it just werks, and pretty fucking fast too
>>
>>16342710
>Stance
Disgusting.
>>
File: Untitled.png (462KB, 589x590px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
462KB, 589x590px
>>16342828
thats just an arbitrary z i completely agree stance is retarded and disgusting, heres mine lol
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.