[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I am looking at buying a new car live in Canada and budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: landscape_nrm_1423058239-172_v5.jpg (97KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
landscape_nrm_1423058239-172_v5.jpg
97KB, 980x490px
Hey /o/ I am looking at buying a new car live in Canada and budget is around 40k

Should I get a Miata or something with a V8
>>
>>16342227
>Should I get a Miata or something with a V8
Why not both?
>>
>>16342259
because I dont want to daily a v8 roadster
>>
I own an ND. Reason i got it where simple

>lightweight
>godly chassis
>great handling
>good looking
>0-60 5.9 seconds
>convertible
>>
>>16342282
do you daily it how is it?
>>
>>16342292
Yes i daily drive it. Its very comfy as long as your not above 6 ft tall. The springs arent too hard on it so the ride is good for street driving. Also its a ton of fun to drive, you can really slam around in the streets and keep good control
>>
>>16342282
>0-60 5.9 seconds
>reason I got it
>>
>>16342311

5.9 is a respectable number for a roadster. Their all about handling, and driving experience. Its not supposed to be a heavy powerful muscle car.
>>
>>16342321
I have nothing against the nd, it's just that 5.9 sec 0-60 isn't exactly a selling point.
>>
>>16342335
If a 7 sec 0-60 was good enough for the E type, a 6 sec 0-60 is good enough for a Miata.
>>
>>16342335

Depends the kind of car where talking about here. On a very heavy muscle car where you needs tons of power then yes your right.

But on a small lightweight car the 5.9 is sufficient and felt much more
>>
>>16342397
>>16342350
Again, there is nothing wrong with having a 7 sec 0-60, but compared to other cars in it's price range it is not exactly impresive. So yes, a 7 second 0-60 is suffecent for a roadster, but that shouldn't be a reason why you should buy it.
>>
>>16342282
>0-60 mph in 5.9s
>0-100 kph in 7.3s

Wut
>>
>>16342421

The toyobarus are in a similr range as well as other hot hatches. Unless your referring to muscle cars again, which means your missing the point about what Miatas and lightweight cars are all about
>>
>>16342227
If you only care about driving the MX-5 is best value in the world for that.
>>
>>16342445
Again, I know that 0-60 times are not the point of miatas, that was my arguement. You buy a maita because it i light, nimble, and fun to drive. He listed a 6.9 second 0-60 as one of the reasons that he bought it, so I attempted to dispute that a 7 sec 0-60 time is not a reason you should buy a miata.
>>
>>16342475

Never put 6.9 down as its number

Reread the earlier posts, its rated at 5.9

Also the reason I put the number down was to show that it had some decent pickup for a roadster car.

But you then went on to try and compare it to completely different cars.
>>
>>16342424
Gearing for specs.
>>
>>16342227
used cayman.
>>
3k used civic
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.