[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Volvo 240s used to be cheap was /o/s obsession with these shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: volvo-244-169.jpg (151KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
volvo-244-169.jpg
151KB, 1200x675px
Volvo 240s used to be cheap
was /o/s obsession with these shit piles responsible for the increase in price?
>>
everything "car culture" touches ends up overpriced due to demand

Civics
Integras
AE86s
Miatas
Foxbodys
240SX
ect ect

the only thing these shitboxes have going for them is rwd (we know how the autists get over that) and reliability
>>
They're slightly complicated but tough vehicles if you know how to keep them running.

They were hella cheap for a bit too, like you said.
>>
>>16341677
thank fuck most newer cars here stay unmolested.

only one youngfags are taking interest in are VY commodores and 86's
>>
The hipsters got to them. As much as I hate to quote Mr. Regufur, he's right.

>My car makes me look old. It's so cool.

So if you want one because you want a safe, reliable car that's easy to work on and won't get you speeding tickets, get fucked, those of the church-cafe of plaid shirts and Hitler Youth haircuts want one too and they'll pay top dollar for it- and the people who already own them and aren't molesting them are gonna drive 'em into the ground before they sell them.

On top of that, the drift kiddies are running out of cheap RWD cars so bricks are now being scapped up for the purpose of going sideways into guardrails and having disgusting V8s jammed in the engine bay like an iPhone-enabled dildo in your grandmother's cooch. Nowadays I don't even see that many around- not even living in the northeast twenty minutes from a college town where in the past you couldn't jerk off in the wind without it hitting someone's 240. Don't even see anything earlier than second generation S/V70s, either- no 740s, no 850s, nothin'.
>>
>>16341664
you give 4chan entirely too much credit.
>>
>>16341729
all college Volvo kids around me jumped to Subaru

fuck if I know what happened to the Volvos because just like your area they disappeared

guess they were mistreated and sent to the junkyard
>>
>>16341664
>>16341729
>>16341743
It's hipster kids watching RCR, first 240s, now loyales
>>
>>16341677
They're actually quite safe in crashes, despite what Matthew Broderick would tell you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.