[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone bought a car that had over 200k miles one it? is buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: imag0058.jpg (57KB, 1024x642px) Image search: [Google]
imag0058.jpg
57KB, 1024x642px
has anyone bought a car that had over 200k miles one it? is buying one a good idea? Even though your thinking of swapping the engine later down the road?
>>
>>16341619
The more miles it has, the longer it ass
>>
I'd worry about the tranny more
>>
>>16341619
Any car will last as long as you're willing to put money into it. As long as they haven't been crashed or flooded they're infinitely rebuildable.

I'd buy a car with 200k that had maintenance records over a car that had 150k or less with no records.
>>
It depends on the car. I bought an old e30 that had 240k miles at the time and had no issues since it was well maintained. That obviously won't be the case with every vehicle out there.

If you're buying and old car with intentions to swap the engine, then condition of that engine isn't too important then. I'd make sure the body isn't old and worn out. That's where the $$$ can start adding up.
>>
Just bought a jeep with 285,000 miles on it. I do plan on rebuilding/stroking the engine and getting a built tranny though.
>>
>>16341619
really the maintenance history on the car is 99% more important than the mileage.

a car can be a dogshit nightmare at 45k miles if it hasn't had proper PM service, or less if it has been bagged on, to shit.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.