[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst mistake you've ever made while driving?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: uczucie_5.png (45KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
uczucie_5.png
45KB, 645x773px
What's the worst mistake you've ever made while driving?

About a year ago, I (an American driving in America) had a Britbong moment when leaving a shopping center onto a divided four-lane road. I took a right turn into a lane on the far side of the median. Luckily, I realized very quickly what I had done, and there was no immediate traffic, so I turned off ASAP, but I was very embarrassed and worried that someone might call the cops, as well as disappointed in myself for making such a boneheaded mistake.

To a degree, I blame all the video games I've played in which you drive on the left.
>>
heh
>>
>>16340436
My driving instructor was busy with his fucking tablet and when he looked up he corrected my turn and almost drove us into the opposite lane once. I literally did nothing wrong myself. Was pretty fun, but I imagine it's scary as fuck when you're alone.

As for actual things I did wrong, I once decided to cross one lane and wait in the middle bit when a huge van wanted to leave the road and I completely blocked him. Made eye contact too. Felt like driving into the nearest body of water after that.
>>
>>16340436
I have no idea what that sentence means, or how it relates to the British.

It's a four-lane road? So two for outgoing traffic and two for oncoming traffic? You turned onto it from a shopping centre, if you're american you're joining from the right. So if we assume you're in the right hand lane on the right hand side of the road, how did you take a right turn? Also what's a median in road terms for those of us that live in civilised countries.

Anyway worst mistake i ever made was entering the fast lane on a motorway whilst not going 20mph over the speed limit.
>>
>>16340436
I went into a blind hard corner quite hard, hit the braking point and got nothing but the smell of burning pad and the car wasn't slowing much, dropped down to third and got it slow enough to not just shoot off the road but had to cut the corner blind in the middle of the day and even then it was hairy.

If anything had been coming we would both have been dead.
>>
Miss judged the distance between myself and the car behind me while changing into the right lane.
I imagine he had to break hard to let me in.
Got blasted for, no kidding, 5 minutes with the horn.
Then when we reached the roundabout, he blasted me again before i turned off and we went our seperate ways.

I had only had my provisional licence less than a month, and now realize as soon as i heard the horn i should have jumped back into my original lane, instead of panicing and accelerating into the right lane.

Needless to say, i have not made that mistake again.
>>
>>16340436
>What's the worst mistake you've ever made while driving?

Not running from the cops, every time.
>>
>>16343460
this
>>
Rear ended a Corolla trying to swipe to answer my phone in the center console.
>>
>>16343425
He was in the United States of America and mistakenly turned right out of a parking center, and went to the left side of the street that had a median (divider) in the center so he could not just move over to the correct side of the road. There was no traffic, so he managed to turn into another store's parking lot without an issue.
>>
File: IMG_094.jpg (44KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_094.jpg
44KB, 600x450px
>>16340436
I've ran a few red lights going to work at 3 am

I was very tired, and shit myself into a deep depression afterwards every time. No one else was ever at the intersection.
>>
Pulled the handbrake in a wet turn at 30mph/50km/h. I almost wreck my parents' car.
>>
>>16343927
took me a while to realize that's an S13 vert, silvia back end with an S14 kouki front end.
>>
>>16340436

>very tired in the morning driving to uni parking lot
>very very narrow parking lot entrance
>hit curb
>scratch bottom of front wing on my absolutely immaculate 50k km 1988 Jetta

i was pretty fucking pissed DESU. didnt matter in the long run cause that car got destroyed by a faggot drunk driver millenial. which i still rage about

and second one

>first track day of my life
>pouring rain
>1976 opel manta
>best friend in passenger seat
>track will close in less than an hour
>"watch this" try to drift the last corner of the track, long fast bend
>ended up doing a 360 and hitting the muddy grass at like 100kph
>friend scared shitless, i laugh
>end up closing the track for the day because recovery took so long. car was buried in the mud. people give me the stink eye

good times. also ended up literally burning the brakes that day. there was literal fire coming out of the wheel wells because i didnt know that you should keep driving for a slow cooling lap when you cook your brakes instead of exiting the track right away
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.