[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you're selling a car that has some issues, how do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: car1.jpg (335KB, 2048x1150px) Image search: [Google]
car1.jpg
335KB, 2048x1150px
If you're selling a car that has some issues, how do you go about telling potential buyers about them?

I'm not going to deceive anyone, but I also don't want to turn off any potential buyers right away. This is what's currently wrong with the car:

- AC doesn't work
- Headlight control stalk is loose
- Power locks don't work on passenger's side door
- Left wiper has come loose if used in heavy ice/snow
- Was in a flood in 2013, but no problems that have not been fixed already

How would you go about telling this to buyers? Would you put it in the ad, or just mention it when they show up to look at it?
>>
File: let-me-tell-you-something.jpg (20KB, 380x347px) Image search: [Google]
let-me-tell-you-something.jpg
20KB, 380x347px
>>16338457

Apart from the air conditioning, which is a serious issue that will fixing, put them down as "minor issues that will need rectification"

Call the car "a fixer-upper" if you want to
>>
You throw it on CL and say it runs and drives great, needs nothing.

Hablo Espanol
>>
>>16338457
dude its a cheap Honda (assuming you are talking about the car in the pic)

It'll sell regardless. Some poorfag will drive it to the ground, if I were you I'd state all the problems.
>>
>>16338457
People like like honesty, tell them it has a few minor issues but the engine runs fine and mention the work that has been done on it. Example "the clutch had been changed last year...etc" I would probably avoid the flood part.
>>
>>16338457
Just be honest but don't let them lowball the fuck out of you either. List the good and bad in the add so they know before coming out and not wasting their time and yours.
>>
If someone's buying a Mercedes they already know there are issues really
>>
>>16338457
Be a responsible adult. Replace the ac compressor. Buy a new stalk. Buy a new lock actuator. Tighten the wiper. How bad was the flood?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.