[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just had to get my 92 deVille towed after it started having problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault[2].jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[2].jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
Just had to get my 92 deVille towed after it started having problems on the highway today. Bought this thing a couple of days ago and made the mistake of taking it to Walmart yesterday.

On my way home from my parents' house, I noticed a sudden lack of acceleration. As soon as this happened I began to pull over. As I got off the road, the car began to shake violently. I cut the engine immediately.

Fearing the worst I moved to check the oil levels. While there was no smoke or steam, the oil levels were very low on the dipstick, and I proceeded to put 1 1/2 quarts of oil back in it.

I tried firing it up again, but it only ran for about five to ten seconds before shitting out and turning off.

Did my engine get starved of oil or could this have been something else? If so how fucked am I?
>>
Let me guess, a 4.9 """""high tech"""""?

Scrap the car and literally buy anything else. I'd take a northshit over one of those boat anchors.
>>
>>16336204
Your oil in your car is a lubricant and a coolant for your engine and surrounding parts not to be confused with your coolant from your radiator

Your car won't run without oil but you'll definitely know when you don't have enough oil as your car seizes from lack of lubrication and overheats due to friction
>>
>>16336225
thanks bae i'll get rite on that
>>
>>16336233
I must clarify that the engine only shook for about a second or two before I killed it. I never heard any knocking.
>>
>>16336242
a second or 2 is all it takes
>>
File: 1481779074791s[1].jpg (4KB, 188x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481779074791s[1].jpg
4KB, 188x250px
>>16336261
>>
>>16336242
I imagine the fuel pump a shit
see if it'll run on engine starting fluid
>if not, then your distributor likely needs replacing
>>
>>16336290
This.

Fuel pumps are the go-to on GM vehicles that quit running. And now that I think about it, fuel level senders on GM's are as bad as their fuel pumps, if not worse. It could just be out of gas.
>>
>>16336290
>starting fluid
>in an engine that was just starved of oil
>>
>>16336419
"the oil levels were very low on the dipstick" =/= starved of oil
>>
>>16336751
Yeah, OP here.

It never read that it was dry on the stick and it never smoked from the oil reservoir.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.