[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to contest speeding ticket in the US? I didn't slow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: notashill.jpg (15KB, 273x397px) Image search: [Google]
notashill.jpg
15KB, 273x397px
How to contest speeding ticket in the US?

I didn't slow down quite soon enough when going into a slower speed limit zone, I apparently overlooked the sign designating the lower speed limit. Honest mistake, I try to drive safe. Ticket is for 50 in 35. Anyway I set up an arraginment. I don't have time to plead not guilty and set up a trial cause I'm moving out of state in a few days, so I'm basically just gonna go and say yeah I made an honest mistake, this is what happened, I hope you'll forgive me. Anything I should know? How formal is it? Is the judge supposed to be addresses as "your honor" in cases like this or only more serious cases?
I've been driving 8 years and no tickets on my record before now if that matters
>>
>>16335808
You're going to show up to the court house, which there is supposed to be a representative from the PD. 9 times of 10 there isn't a representative for small traffic violations so the case will be dropped.

Show up on time, dress nice, use sir and ma'am, if you don't get your way pay your fines and walk away.
>>
>>16335808
enjoy being redpilled safe driver cuck
>>
>>16335838
So if the PD doesn't have a representative, I don't even have to set up a trial date, I can just get the charges dropped right then and there? To do that should I apologize and say I made a mistake, or plead not guilty? I did a web search and it looked like pleading not guilty means I have to set up a trial for a later date, is that true?

And should I use sir and ma'am as opposed to your honor?

Thanks
>>
>>16335852
Being a safe driver is the real redpill, faggot.
>>
File: Inqusitor.png (7KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
Inqusitor.png
7KB, 300x500px
>>16335860
>t. numale
>>
>>16335855
It depends on the state, in my state if there is no representative on the preliminary date there is no case or at worst your charges are severely dropped. If there is a representative plead not guilty, odds are the $150 you owe won't be worth the trial so they'll either drop it or reduce charges to get you out of there.

The "your honor" thing is reserved for big trials and tv shows.
>>
>>16335914
Okay thanks.

So basically, I go to the arraignment
If no one shows up to represent them, I don't even have to make a plea, it'll be thrown out automatically
If someone does show up, I plead not guilty and it'll be thrown out without a trial date, or they'll give me the option to pay a reduced fine

Is that correct?

Minnesota if it matters

Thank you based anon
>>
>>16335927
That's how my tickets went, but I'm not a mudduck, I grew up on the good side of the river.
>>
>>16335951
Ok cool, thanks for your help.
>>
Not exactly your problem but ill post here cause why not, if your for in CA LA County and get a red light ticket just dont respond at all and it will go away due to US constitution Article 6. My mom went joy riding in my speed 3 in Beverly Hills, thats how I know.
>>
>>16336007
Trying to trick anons into getting arrested? Fuck off Mr FBI man
>>
Go back at night with a screwdriver. Steal said speed limit sign. Go to court and claim it was never there
>>
AM I BEING DETAINED?
AM I BEING DETAINED?
AM I BEING DETAINED?
>>
>>16336007
That is bad advice. Do not do it. In my area, if you take this advice to ignore it, you will get the scofflaw status flag after 6 months. That begins to block many of your other government interactions as it flags the county computer that you have some legal problems. Scofflaw means the next time you get pulled over, it is tow to impound. You cannot drive off on your own recognizance because you have proven you are a scofflaw.

By the way, here is how our amended scofflaw law works. After 6 months, your car has those tickets and is overdue. You as the owner have scofflaw status. Now, anytime that car is pulled over (regardless of driver such as your GF, SO, brother driving it), that car will be towed to impound. To get it out, all tickets have to be paid off and it racks up fees until taken out of impound. Any fees not covered by auction of the car will be attached to the owner as an unpaid bill plus fines (two separate things legally). You have scofflaw status so if you are borrowing my car and get pulled over, you cannot drive anymore since your DL is suspended. If you are the only driver, then my car is towed to impound because it cannot be abandoned. I will be pissed at you. If you have a passenger that can drive, that passenger must take over driving. You will receive an additional citation at that traffic stop to show in court. I think this one cannot be ignored because it is one of those criminal ones unlike tickets. If you don't show in court, they still won't come to your house. But the next time you get pulled over, they will detain you because you have an outstanding bench warrant issued from your no show.

Anyways, sooner or later you will need tab renewal or driver license renewal. They will save money and wait for you then. The interest on the fines is profitable enough for them to wait past the 6 month period up to one year.
>>
>>16335808
Don't get caught speeding next time dipshit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.