[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /o/. Car noob here. I can change my oil/brake pads/rotors/etc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 51320_2000x2000.jpg (807KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
51320_2000x2000.jpg
807KB, 2000x2000px
Hello /o/. Car noob here. I can change my oil/brake pads/rotors/etc but am clueless as to tools because I own none of my own. Figure you guys would be the best to ask. Currently bought my father pic related for Christmas. Cost me $450 shipped to my door. Did I fuck up? Is Milwaukee a good brand? I watched a few youtube videos of this particular model and it manages to take a lug off a tractor-trailer with no problems at all.

As it stands now my father's current impact wrenches have to be hooked to his air compressor and he always bitches about how his guns are trash (both are 10+ years old) and that dragging the air hose around is a bother.

Since I just ordered it, Figured I'd ask. 5 star reviews everywhere so it can't be terrible.

>pls no bully
>>
Yes, that's a good set, it will make your father happy

But it won't make him forget what you did...he will NEVER forget what you did!!!
>>
>>16329873
b...but what did I do?

And thanks for the input.
>>
File: 212.gif (3MB, 167x190px) Image search: [Google]
212.gif
3MB, 167x190px
milwaukee's good but a bit too overpriced
i had a screwdriver and a drill from them for about 4 years and i used them quite a lot

shit is strong as fuck and didn't fail me yet
>>
Milwaukee is good stuff. Don't know what impact that is, but I have the 2763-22 one, and it hasn't failed me yet. Battery life is decent, plenty of power, only downside is that it's a bit heavy compared to an air gun.

Milwaukee in general is pretty much the best tool brand out there when it comes to power tools. Longest warranty on batteries, longest warranty on tools, extremely durable, used by people in pretty much every trade, abused daily, and they'll still last several years with no issues at all.

They also have best in category tools for most every power tool you'd want. Circular saws, recip saws, drills, impacts, SDS hammer drills, crimpers for pipe or electrical, they even have a cordless mag base drill now. Huge range of tools, and nearly every single one is the most powerful, longest lasting (as far as battery life goes anyway) tool available in that category. Really good company all in all.

Just don't buy their hand tools, like screwdrivers, knives, side cutters, lineman pliers, etc. Those are all still junk, and there are a lot of better options out there. But for power tools, they're tough to beat.
>>
>>16329941
2763-22
That's the exact one I bought. The biggest impact wrench they make that's battery powered. And the fact that you own one with no problems is good to hear. Hopefully he'll like the gift.
>>
>>16329948

That's actually a damn good price on that kit. Mine cost me $450 a year ago for just the impact and two batteries. Link to kit you bought?
>>
You're supposed to ask before buying, not afterwards. When will Americans learn?

Unless of course you only wanted to brag.
>>
>>16329853
Link faggot, daddy needs an xmas present
>>
>>16329970
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200656583_200656583
>>16329972
I asked after because I value this goat herding chat log's opinion at times. Plus it hasn't even shipped yet. Or even processed for that matter. I could always cancel the order.
>>
>>16329853
Milwaukee is a solid brand OP, their power tools are pretty dependable (if a little pricey).

Off-topic, I've never used an electric impact wrench, do they perform alright compared to pneumatic?
>>
>>16330001
according to all the various reviews, both videos and written across 10+ shops it's a beast. Battery life is good for it capabilities. Watched a video where a guy managed to take the lugs off a tractor trailer like nothing and another where a guy used it to pop out a ball joint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qn2r0nSVW4
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.