/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we have BRZs, FR-Ses, Miatas, and some other overpriced European

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: scion-fr-s-by-gt-cha-2_1600x0w.jpg (146KB, 1600x902px) Image search: [Google]
scion-fr-s-by-gt-cha-2_1600x0w.jpg
146KB, 1600x902px
So we have BRZs, FR-Ses, Miatas, and some other overpriced European bullshit.

Say I love the idea of the FR-S - a good looking (so not a Miata) low to mid powered """sports car""" that corners well and is fun to drive.

Then say I have $3k. What do I buy that gives a similar experience?

What about $5k? $10k?
>>
>>16329804
A Fiero
An old Celica with RWD
An AE86.
In that order.
>>
Oh, and lightweight being the primary factor that would make me not just get a high mileage mid-2000s Mustang GT.
>>
>>16329804
>3k
Miata

>5k
Miata

>10k
S2000? 370z?
>>
>>16329839
>good looking

That kills your first two suggestions.
>>
If you've got $3k then just get a BRZ. That's about all they're worth.
>>
>>16329851
I don't know what other sports car you could really get for 3-5k. If you do buy one for that price you're going to end up spending on some up-front maintenance that will bring the cost up. Even the price of Miatas has gone up since homosexuality is trendy now.
>>
File: IMG_16649312704198.jpg (56KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_16649312704198.jpg
56KB, 1024x680px
>>16329804
350Z, G35. Hyundai Genesis. R32 Skyline GTR. 240SX/S13/S14.

Just because some cars are older doesn't mean they're worse in performance. They can even exceed what a GT86 can do at a better price point.
>>
>>16329804
3k civic
>>
>>16330076
I thought OP said sports cars, if we're going to throw in sporty coupes then add the E36/E46, Mitsubishi Eclipse, and Integra to the mix.
>>
since the Z gets mentioned a lot, are they good platforms for tuning? Ive seen turbo kits go for 8k.
>>
Celica GT-S is literally a FWD BRZ with an engine that is arguably better.

Granted, they are rare but they fit the bill.
>>
>Miata

>Miata

>Beat to hell S2K

240SX or MR2 deserve a mention but in your price range they're gonna be project cars, not reliable rides.
>>
>>16330062
This.

Regardless of your opinions on looks/faggotry the Miata is the ONLY good option for a fun (and reliable) sports car around $5k
>>
>>16329804
An RX-8 can give you FR-S performance at a much lower price.

All you have to do is find one that was properly maintained.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.