[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For Aux applications, is it worth it to get an AGM battery and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 281x180px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 281x180px
For Aux applications, is it worth it to get an AGM battery and keep it in the cab? Or should I just do something like jam a battery into my toolbox. All I'm really running would realistically be a CB and a few aux lights (light bar, etc etc)
>>
>>16324237
Slow board, fuck off

Why do you think you need an additional battery to run those? Will there be enough draw so that your alternator wont cope? Will you be using them with the engine off?
>>
mfw op wires it in series and fries every component in his car

you dont need an aux batt for lights and a cb. I have all of those.
also cbs are pretty shit if youre offroading with mates just get a 2 way.
>>
>>16324264
Yes and no.
I still may also upgrade the alternator at some point, but the intent is have the option to run those with the engine off when I want to, yes. Additionally, given that it's not the optimal use, I would have the (LAST LAST) option of using it as a jump battery if my battery shits the bed and I have been stupid enough to not replace it by that point.
>>
>>16324307
Getting a SSB m8
And no, I'd be wiring properly
>>
>>16324317
Then yes AGM batteries are allowed to be in the cabin.
>>
>>16324344
Thanks. The question was whether the AGM is honestly worth the extra cost though, because I'd end up just having it in the cab, if not, I wouldn't put a lead acid battery in my cab to run , obviously lel
>>
>>16324344
in the USA the nhra still requires a battery box for dry cell, but most other racing organizations dont. dry cell doesn't leak and doesnt vent unless severely overcharged.

I myself am still a little apprehensive about having a dry cell in the cabin of a TT car I'm building, but im a pussy.
>>
>>16324356
add up the wattage of your components convert the battery from Ah to watt hours and see how long it will last on its own. worth it? idk couldnt hurt. agm are expensive though.

how would you wire it to not assist in cranking and only power certain stuff while also getting charged from the alternator though?
>>
>>16324311
How many lights are we talking, and how much power drain?
>>
>>16324440
3-4 at most, and I need to check back. I can't even remember what my current light bar is pulling (not a whole damn lot though)
>>
>>16324395
I would just not wire it into the alternator?
Solenoid, bro
>>
>>16324395
Or just buy a fancy isolated kit.
>>
>>16324356
Yeah, AGM is worth it but not when it's one of those meme yellowtops, they're shit. Get something from Duracell or Exide, they have plenty good AGM-batteries.
>>
>>16325653
How about East Penn?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.