[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am changing the wheels on pic related and I am curious what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: USC50FOT113A021001.jpg (251KB, 2100x1386px) Image search: [Google]
USC50FOT113A021001.jpg
251KB, 2100x1386px
I am changing the wheels on pic related and I am curious what brand of anti-seize you guys recommend for use on the lug nut threads?

Thank you,
rafael
>>
Hi Rafael, hope you're okay.

I use loctite copper based stuff, the same as used to stop brakes squealing. I can't tell you the precise name off the top of my head but it has the word "brake" in it.

Kind Regards, Bilal
>>
>>16323199
Don't use anti seize on wheel studs. Anti seize acts as a lubricant and prevents proper torque from holding the lugs on.
If you're ever worried about then being seized to the studs, use a penetrating oil, or wd40.
>>
Dear rafael,
Your car loses to a 3k civic on a go-kart track, therefore it is complete shit and instead of anti-seize lug nut threads, you should consider either buying a new car or suicide.
Best regards,
Alphonse
>>
>>16323220
You're an idiot, any form of lubricant on bolts/nuts you're torquing actually gives you what is called a wet torque, meaning you can over-torque very easily not undertorque
>>
Hi Rafael

Just thought I'd let you know that my Subaru would merk that slow ass bro truck. As for the wheels, I suggest keeping it stock and investing the funds in a more performance-orientated vehicle.

Kind regards
Anon
>>
>>16323223
Dear Fordfaggot,
Ford GT a shit. Stay assmad etc.

Regards
Taxi Jones
>>
>telling a Mexican to sell his work truck and buy a rice burner
>>
>>16323199
Hi Rafael,

Welcome to the community. Regarding your inquiry, I would like to ask why you think it's necessary to apply anti-seize to wheel studs? Anti-seize is typically used in smaller applications where the potential for stripping is high. Spark plugs are a great example.

The nuts used on your wheel are quite large and rarely pose a threat. Furthermore, the location makes it easy to obtain all the leverage you need to remove them in the event of a seized nut.

My advice would be to torque to spec and leave it at that.

Sincerely,
Jesse
>>
>>16323412
What he actually should do is put anti-seize wherever the wheel contacts the hub so it doesn't fuse to it.
>>
>>16323631
>10 replies
>11 posters
Try again nigga
>>
Just
>>
I like to use the red loctite for oil drain plugs and filters.

t. jiffy lube tech
>>
>>16323199

dont bother using it on the lugnut studs, put some where the wheel meets the hub of the rotor instead
>>
>>16323412
Greetings Rafael

This learned poster tells the truth. If you are worrying your angel-like head about the bolts seizing - untighten them 1/4th of a round and then re-tighten every four months or a similar schedule. I believe in you!

Best regards
Mohammed Al-Kalashnistan
>>
File: 1461857388591.jpg (63KB, 585x360px) Image search: [Google]
1461857388591.jpg
63KB, 585x360px
>>16323350
>>
>>16326136
lmao
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.