[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Test a drove 2012 370Z couple days ago. Kinda fell in love with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Z.jpg (65KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
65KB, 736x490px
Test a drove 2012 370Z couple days ago. Kinda fell in love with it right away. Thoughts or personal experiences with the car? It'd be my daily so someone tell me if I'm about to make a bad mistake. Financing over 6 years btw. Not having kids anytime soon either.

Pros
>Fast
>Sexy
>6 Speed

Cons
>Bare Bones
>Horrendous blind spots
>Rough ride (allegedly) (didnt notice)
>Interior is meh

Opinions PLEASE

Thanks
>>
C5 and C6 corvette are basically the same car but better in every single way.

Better gas mileage
Better visibility
More space
Better trunk
Better drivetrain reliability
Lighter
More reliable
Cannot get body rust because fiberglass panels instead of metal
>>
>>16322104
You might want to check out the Toyobaru or the Miata if the 370Z is down your alley. But at the end of the day, japanese coupes are pretty much all barebones, fun to drive cars that aren't the fastest or the most practical but are fun. If you have money to spare and want it, it's not a bad choice.
>>
>>16322104
save a fuckton of money and buy the cleanest low mile'd 2007+ 350z, it looks better too
>>
Man I love the Nissan exhaust note from their cars. My mom drove an infiniti g35 and I could always tell whenever the car was in town and heading home. Very distinctive sound.
>>
they're goddamn good cars.
>>
These things are dinosaurs in their class.
I'd suggest going for a G37 instead since its better for day to day use, yes I know they're the same car basically.
>>
I'd rather get a Evo X for the same cash, but that's just me.
>>
>>16322118

Literally never considered this but I'm sure insurance would be insane. Poor 24 year old here

>>16322130

I think the miata might be a tad light on power for me. Coming from a mustang, I am digging the idea of a japanese coupe tho.

>>16322136

Hadn't looked at these yet but gonna check. I think I actually like the look of a 370 better

>>16322139

Yeah man. Arguably the most distinct exhaust. Has a purr that isn't replicated by much else. Always the VQ

>>16322144

That's what I like to here

>>16322146

Literally cannot find a fucking 6speed G37 to save my life. There's next to nothing around in a 100 mile range. It's fucking ridiculous man. Or else thatd be my first choice.

>>16322169

Can't spend more then 18k. They in that range?
>>
They're very nice cars OP. Was deciding between one and a Legacy 2.5GT, the a huge factor was the lack of back seats in the Z or else I probably would've chosen that. Great cars, but desu they haven't changed a lot since 2010.
>>
>>16322144
If you like burning oil and being a scumbag
>>
If you keep them base or sport, they're a good performance value for the money.

The pros/cons are pretty much what you stated. Stiff shifter / steering is a pro/con depending on what you like. I hate the instruments on these things, and the VQ3.7L is a bit gruff compared to the older 3.0L models. If you track them you will want to add an oil cooler, but for 99% of the people they're unnecessary.

I've been waiting for a new Z for 5 years now. 2019?? Compete with the Supra again? (sigh) And I'm afraid it will be stupid fucking crossover / Juke shit to appeal to millennials, like some sort of Scion.

I like them, and for $32K they're a good deal At $44K they're expensive for what you get.
>>
>>16322104
The thing is man, the Japanese roadster experience has a lot of overlap between models and the differences tend to be fairly trivial at the end of the day. If you're not a richfag that can simply buy whatever they want for the fuck of it, I would recommend passing on the 370z and just pick up an older 350z. They are an incredible value right now on the used market and will give you 95% of the same experience. You'll also get to save a shit ton of money. Roadsters should be hobby cars, I wouldn't go balls deep in a newer 370z like that if you're going to be financing it for SIX years.
>>
>>16322104
My parents own the autotragic version

Its an alright car. They haven't had any real issues with it.
>>
>>16322104
>sexy
i've literally only seen women drive this car and they all look like retards. are you a retarded woman op?
>>
File: DSC_0235_zps23006252.jpg (50KB, 800x363px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0235_zps23006252.jpg
50KB, 800x363px
>>16322104
I'm also interested by the 370z, but considering my current car is picrelated, I'm affraid it's just too tiny and unpractical
>>
Just get a g37.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.